IGS Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at IGS Energy

2.0

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IGS Energy (Dublin, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Speed dating style, 5 interviews. 10 minutes a piece approximately and mainly focused on personality and past experiences. Nothing too technical but looking for someone who knew their stuff. They focused a lot on what my resume was, but they want to see you apply it directly to the position instead of what you're the best at.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment are you looking for?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGS Energy (Dublin, OH) in May 2019.

Interview

I started out my interview process with IGS and had a great phone interview with the recruiter. I got two in-person interviews and completed two design challenges. Then I was told that the job was put on hold and would be split into two positions. I was told I was a great candidate and that I would be a great fit for the company and team. They also said I would not have to resubmit and go back through the arduous process, but rather that I would continue where I was. The recruiter told me they would know more in a few weeks. I never heard anything, so I followed up. I had to reach out multiple times to the recruiter just to get a response that nothing had changed. This happened a few times. Then I saw one of the jobs I was interviewing for, posted. Radio silence from IGS. I even reached out to another recruiter to check on the status for me and was ignored. I thought IGS was a good company and treated people with integrity. Turns out they just ghost candidates and don’t care about people.

Talent Acquisition Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IGS Energy (Dublin, OH) in June 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via an IGS HR Partner via LinkedIn. We connect for a brief phone call that led to two on site interviews with the team. A few days after the final interview I was made an offer and accepted.

Sales Intern Interview

Interview

There was only one round of interviews and the 2 employees from the sales team were extremely nice and helpful. They were laid back and didn't try to make you feel interrogated. It was more a process to find if you were the right fit for their company.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question had to simply be are you a competitive person and explain why/why not/to what extent.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGS Energy (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

There were a lot of communications tests, along with sales pitch practice and training, there was also an IQ test, along with meeting the CEO, district Managers, and team leaders, I worked very hard for the opportunity and will do the same wherever I interview.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to lie to a customer for a sale?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IGS Energy.

Interview

Sat down with three managers. They took turns asking about my previous work experience and the different projects that I had worked on. Didn't get overly technical, mostly just wanted me to talk about software development principles.

Digital Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IGS Energy (Dublin, OH) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fantastic and moved fast, which was a huge plus as a candidate. Every person that I interviewed with made it feel conversational and made me feel comfortable as an interviewee. They explained everything about the company and the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe your experience at your current role will prepare you for the Digital Content Coordinator Position?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IGS Energy (Dublin, OH).

Interview

Bottom line: Candidate experience was awful. HR came across as lazy and unprofessional, company culture is just kind of weird and cult-like. Wasn't happy I was recruited and spent 15+ hours in interviews, etc. and then they decided to go with someone internally after about 3 months of total engagement. Just seemed like they weren't a very well-oiled machine as you'd expect in a larger organization.

I went through several phone screens and then a personality assessment before they brought me in for interviews. I first had about a two hour interview with the hiring managers and then was brought back a few weeks later for a half-day interview which consisted of three different panel interviews. One with 2 VPs, one with 2 PMs, and then one with 3 would-be peers. All nice people and relatively laid back styles.

Although I really liked the team and the folks I would be working for, their HR was absolutely unimpressive and after it was all said and done I am really happy I was not offered the position. I know now that HR is a big reflection on a company's culture and their HR came across as disorganized and frankly quite lazy. I was recruited by an internal recruiter for the company. They put me through several phone interviews and then a personality assessment and personality interview with an outside firm called Giombetti Associates (look them up, it's a group of like 4 people) and a supposed "specialist" whose background had nothing to do with psychology or behaviorism. It was a total joke of a conversation and the guy was clearly not a professional. After I apparently "passed" the personality tests, they wanted to bring me in for interviews. It took them like a month to find a time that would work for them and in the meantime HR passed me around between 4 different HR reps and when I finally came in for the interview, it was a completely different HR person that met me and then the interviewers were 30 minutes late. It was pretty unprofessional, especially because I took off work to come to the interview and I felt like they had already put me through a lot before even coming in. After this interview, they told me they'd be in touch "in a few days" to let me know next steps. About 3 WEEKS later, I finally heard back and they wanted to bring me in for a half-day interview as I explained above. I took off another half-day of work to come in for what were very positive interviews and I really was thinking I had a good chance for an offer. Again they said that they were making a decision quickly and I would know in a "few days" if I would get an offer. So about 2 weeks later, I finally send a polite e-mail to one of the 4 HR reps I had dealt with for an update with with no response. About a week after that I finally got a call from a totally different HR person telling me they had decided to go with someone internally for the position but they were really impressed with me and thought I'd be a better fit as a manager and they'd like to keep me in mind in the next few months for another role. I knew that was a load of crap and it sure sounded like it--a nice turn of the blade as a parting gift!

I was a little let down I wasn't offered the role because I felt like my interviews went so well, but in all honesty I was so displeased with the candidate experience I was happy it didn't work out in the end. Also, the company is kind of "cult-like." I have several friends that work at IGS and it seems that there are a lot of politics and a ton of brown-nosing to the higher-ups--everyone thinks the CEO is the greatest man alive. Totally not my style. I felt like they kind of wasted my time but my biggest takeaway was that their HR was comprised of a bunch of hacks and that's likely a reflection on other elements of the organization.

As an aside for those entering this space for the first time: IGS is an energy marketing company that has taken advantage of deregulation in the energy sphere. They may have an interesting corporate culture, but at the end of the day, their business model is essentially skimming pennies from retail energy customers when the distribution companies could provide the services for literally BILLIONS of dollars less, and that's just in Ohio. They say they are adding value to the end-user, but that's a load of crap--they are basically just printing bills and providing the same service as the utilities. Hey, everyone needs to make money and IGS has found a good way to do it. But like I said, I'm glad it didn't work out and I think I'm much happier in the role I was in before I interviewed with them.

Interview Questions

• If you had a 10 lb sand bag and you needed to fill it with 20 lbs of sand, how would you do it? (Asked by personality assessment company). This was seriously their toughest question and how they tried to "throw me off."   1 Answer

IGS Energy Response

Apr 10, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for the feedback. While admittedly that stung a bit, we really do appreciate your time in putting the review together. We strive to provide exceptional candidate experiences and we fell... More

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter will ask you to come in for a face to face Interview Quick one step interview asked to sale pen. Hired on the spot if not you probably did not get the job

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Easy interview straight forward questions with about 6 people half day experience . Before heading to corporate for panel interview, First was a phone screen. No travel reimbursement though for interview and no relocation assistance once accepted job even though they house summer interns