IGT Software Engineer, Product Assurance I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Software Engineer, Product Assurance I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

1st call - Interview scheduled as well as some questions about my background experience, both work and education.

Interview (2 Managers : Me) - Questions about my education in Video Game Software Development. Also some questions about my most recent work experience developing, redesigning and debugging web sites, web applications, and iPhone applications. Was told the job would likely go from simple testing, hands on to developing and programming as well. Sort of a hybrid position or programming and testing would be a likely future possibility for my career path. The company was interested in my testing _and_ programming experience as a package, and would not have contacted me if I had only one or the other.

The Interview was short and sweet as far as I remember. 10 minutes, brief question and answer. Though, I believe my answers were prime and to the point, satisfactorily.

You will sense that they are simply trying to read your character more so than get "the right answers" from you. Making lots of eye contact and solid body gestures were key in the interview, like usual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Sadly, the (_phone call, two week after the Interview_) offer was above my expectation, and I had no time to do thorough research of the Industry and it's Salaries at the time. I believed negotiations would be futile due to my lack of experience in the field and it being my first Casino Industry Position.

Their offer was relatively healthy and my job at the moment of the offer was paying significantly lower. Took the Offer and Ran!