IGT Interview Questions in Nevada | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.5

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV).

Interview

First contact was by phone by recruiter. Next was a phone interview. There was a panel interview and finally a final in person interview. Everyone there seemed great and had a great attitude.

Software Engineer PA I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

Application began on their own job listings website. Was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with managers and team leads. The phone interview was with 5 members who asked mostly behavioral questions, questions about projects listed on resume and some technical questions. Following the phone interview was a

Interview Questions

• Questions about projects, general C++ knowledge questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

1 phone interview, and 3 in person interviews, culture and technical questions. General knowledge of the field. Key term understanding. 50% based on personality. Good interview, met with almost the entire team.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV).

Interview

Had phone interview, then on-site interview with team. Worked with the manager of the team, a staff engineer, and 3 other engineers on the team. Each one asked me a different question, about myself and then onto the technical stuff and what I did in senior projects, and what environments and languages I had used while in college.

Interview Questions

• General algorithm questions, some logic, and then actual implementation via using inheritance and abstract classes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate and took the initial since I was fresh out of college.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV).

Interview

This was the toughest interview that I had ever experienced. It was a behavior based interview that was very intense. It took HR months to contact me for the first and then again for the second interview. The process was long!

Interview Questions

• There were many questions about how I handled specific tasks in the past. Almost all questions required me to give an example of a time when....   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be sure to negotiate!

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV).

Interview

First do a phone interview and then they do an in person interview. They ask you about your experience and knowledge then show you around to see what you will be doing. Was a good experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

I originally applied through a contracting company. The interview took place in a small conference room in Reno. there were several managers in the room and there were 2 others on the phone.

Interview Questions

• What do you think goes into making casino games and what are your favorite games.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

I got in contact with the recruiters through a University Career Fair. I got a call about an in-person interview a few days after. After the interview, it took them a couple of weeks to get back to me about the job. Offered me the tech intern position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a problem and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

1st Interview: Phone screening, mostly technical questions regarding OOP practices (4 pillars, design patterns, etc.)
    2nd Interview: On site in LV. White board pseudo coding, system design analysis, resume run-through, how skills tie into what IGT does, what job requires, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part for me was the white board coding questions, as there were quite a few in my case.   Answer Question

Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

Went through five interviews, which included an initial phone screening through their HR group in Las Vegas. After approximately 2.5 weeks of interviewing with the company, I was told by the HR representative that an offer was to be extended to me, benefit paperwork was emailed to me and a potential start date and salary amount was negotiated. I was told that the offer had missed the deadline for submission the first week but would be initiated the next week. When I called the HR representative the next week to follow up on the status of the offer, I was told the position had been cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time/situation when you had to deal with conflict in your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was with the HR representative on the phone. I was supposed to receive an offer letter the next week, however I was then informed after I had already accepted and had a start date established with the company that the position was cancelled.