IGT Interview Questions in Providence, RI | Glassdoor

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Export Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IGT (Warwick, RI).

Interview

My case is probably not typical as I was referred directly to IGTs (formerly GTECH) logistics manager by American Power Conversion (APC) for my entry position of export administrator . The interview questions by GTECH Logistics were strictly regarding my experience with transportation and US Customs. The logistics manager then referred me over to GTECH Human Resources who agreed with the Logistics Manager's assessment and added additional information such as GTECH's benefits and Code of Conduct.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing willing to work overtime if required?   1 Answer

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGT (West Greenwich, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application process + employee referral; Two 1:1 interviews with fairly straightforward questions in a relaxed datacenter environment. In-depth background checks from multiple state lottery agencies so be prepared to divulge the last ten years of your life.

Slot Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGT (Cranston, RI).

Interview

I was interviewed on a Friday morning. The interview took about one hour and was very straight forward in nature. My associate's degree in electronics technology was helpful in landing the job but not a requirement. I was hired and went to orientation on the following Monday and started training at the work site that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Questions concerned prior work history, schooling as well as general questions about me.   Answer Question

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Providence, RI).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and had a brief phone interview. he was very open about compensation questions and said it was within my range. I then had an interview with the direct manager in person, her manager on the phone and then I went back in for a final round of interviews with 2 other higher ups that I would support.

Interview Questions

Job was still very vague after the merger

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Providence, RI) in March 2016.

Interview

Fast, easy multiple individuals to meet with. I met with the hiring manager, the recruiting manager and also another manager in the field I would be representing too. All individuals were very nice and made the process go smoothly. The hiring manager was quite put off by the interview process, I feel as if she was overwhelmed and didn't really have the time to do interviews or she was new to the process and wasn't really comfortable. Salary negotiations were low.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Providence, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

Didn't even ask me questions based on my resume. The interviewer took the entire 30 minutes talking about the internship and then told me to keep on applying next time. Why waste yours and my time if you're not even gonna ask me questions?

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IGT (Providence, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was put in contact with managers in my department. After a brief email exchange they agreed to an interview time. There were three rounds of interview on the same day. The first was more of a prep for the next interviews. Then the second two interviews each had two different members from the staff. Overall the tone was very relaxed and the interviewers polite and respectful.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in our company rather than a competitor?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Providence, RI) in October 2014.

Interview

I met with five women in a roundtable setting for one hour. Our conversation was casual and not intimidating. They knew this was my first professional experience and were interested in how my school work could translate into job skills.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about constructive criticism? How well do you work under deadlines?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it is a set hourly wage

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Providence, RI) in July 2014.

Interview

I had brief interview with recruiter. He just asked general questions about my education and work experiences. After I finished with the recruiter, I met with the hiring manager for about 30-45 minutes where I mostly talked about myself and education. Then the hiring manager gave me some insight about the company, department and more specifically my responsabilities.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was very easy going which made for an easy interview...no overly difficult questions. Most questions were practical, such as my level of excel skills, experience with accounting software, GPA...etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for an internship, fixed hourly pay

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGT (Providence, RI) in February 2013.

Interview

Picked up by a recruiter from Monster.com, passed her interview, was called in for an interview at the GTECH HQ.

I was interviewed by three separate people, one of which--my to-be boss--belittled me and made me question why they had bothered calling me in at all. She then left me in a room where I was tested on information that only someone that worked for their company could possibly know. I was left in this room for over two hours and forgotten about, until I finally walked around the office and a woman asked if I was lost.

It was by far the rudest treatment of a prospective employee that I've ever experienced, and if it is any indication of what they treat their actual employees like, I'd steer clear.

Interview Questions

• Do you even think you'll be able to interpret this kind of highly complex information?   Answer Question