IHOP Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IHOP Server Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

1.5

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

Interview went well. I was hired on the spot because I had serving experience. General questions were asked. The manager seemed pretty cool and laid back and had a passion for pancakes and her pancake partner affiliates. She absolutely adored pancakes. She told me that her first date with the man she decided to marry was at an IHOP. He proposed to her at an IHOP too.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IHOP

Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Kingwood, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I called after applying online I, was asked to come in for a interview later that day. I was interviewed by a assistant manager. He asked me a few questions. I was hired on the spot and started the next day.

Interview Questions

• What hours I wanted to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Went in filled out application and sit down and waited on the manager.She looked over my application and asked me when I can start .told me what kind of uniform I needed.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

I was interviewed by the general manager. He really didn't ask me many questions. He was mainly talking about the company and the job description. We talked for about 30 minutes . Then he told me to come back for orientation the following day .

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

I put my application on person. I handed to the night manager who then asked me if I had visible tattoos I said no and he wrote on my application. They called me 2 days later to set up an interveiw. The interview was easy the guy had no emotion really but asked simple questions. Like "rate your friendlyness 1-10" and "how often do you smile" was quit and I was out before the time my appointment was even scedualed for. Same guy gave me a call about 3 days later telling me I got the job an to have my training next week. I worked there almost a year and then was fired a day after the hiring manager left to a new store. Wouldn't suggest working there unless it's a first time job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IHOP (Huntsville, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Had interview on 12-02-15 with the hiring manager think it went good asked me a few questions talked about the requirements also talked about what position I wanted full time or part time at the end said he also has to speak with the GM to get the okay and we will go from there. So just waiting on that.

Interview Questions

• was I involved with any club organizations back in high school.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Took awhile to get them to see my app! I went in 5 times and demanded an interview. Got the job on the spot! It was a one on one with the GM and was very easy!

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Dublin, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was very casual, little said or requested, finish paperwork and get assigned a schedule, get one apron, study menu. I really thought it would be a good place to work, instead was humiliated, time and time again by management.

Interview Questions

• Previous work history to include other restaurants will be criticized and told serving is somehow different there?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

very quick. if they like you then they will hire you immediately or hint that they will. if you don't get a call back then you definitely did not get the job. they like pretty and happy to show in the interview. dress pretty not professional. the more attractive you are the higher the chances no matter what you say.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

Very quick and pretty informal. It depends on the manager that you interview with but you will meet one on one and fill out some employer forms. It is good to show that you are personable and can entertain and pay attention as a server. If hired, you need to start memorizing the IHOP menu and pass a test for that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.