IHOP Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

1.6

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

the hiring process went smooth for me. I came in about 2 o'clock and we sat down and talked about my experiences, why I wanted the job, and why should I be hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IHOP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHOP (Ocala, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Arrived at my interview about 10 minutes early as I usually do. I was scheduled for a 2:30p.m. appointment with the dining room manager. The two servers that were on checked on me and relayed the message that I was there to the manager which I assumed would expedite the process. Still sitting there 20 minutes after my scheduled time she finally shuffles out to half- heartedly greet me. I'm directed to sit at a table while she joins me. No introduction still on her part, to this day I have no idea what this woman's name was. We review my employment history, but the only thing that she seems focused on is that I have recently moved from Massachusetts, I have 28 years of serving and managerial experience so I assumed we would have had plenty to talk about in the hospitality industry, not my former home state. The interview lasted about 10 minutes and I was informed that I might hear back by Wednesday of the following week. I did not have high hopes for hearing from them and was not disappointed. A week later I received a boiler plate email saying that they went with a more qualified candidate. Really? I'd love to meet him/her and we can wax poetic about out almost three decades in the service industry. Do not waste you time and effort with the Ocala FL locations of this chain.

Interview Questions

• You recently moved from Massachusetts?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IHOP (Gilbert, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and she was very unprofessional. I kept getting the feeling that she was irritated that I was asking so many questions. She didn't seem to want to go into detail what I would need to be doing.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

Interview went well. I was hired on the spot because I had serving experience. General questions were asked. The manager seemed pretty cool and laid back and had a passion for pancakes and her pancake partner affiliates. She absolutely adored pancakes. She told me that her first date with the man she decided to marry was at an IHOP. He proposed to her at an IHOP too.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IHOP (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Brief with summary of business from day to day basis, including ticket times, hours, and which shifts were available. Went over certifications needed to work for the company and also explained what strategies to use to be a successful server. Explained that tips are based on how you talk to the customer.

Interview Questions

• do you have serving experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Capitol Heights, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Capitol Heights, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

It's was quick, open minded people, neat. I took 3 day training & on the weekend that's when they really needs you to be there because it's busy & holiday.

Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Kingwood, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I called after applying online I, was asked to come in for a interview later that day. I was interviewed by a assistant manager. He asked me a few questions. I was hired on the spot and started the next day.

Interview Questions

• What hours I wanted to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IHOP (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Walked in to location filled out my application and was greeted by the owner himself. Taken into a back room he looked over my application and asked me a few questions and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any serving experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Went in filled out application and sit down and waited on the manager.She looked over my application and asked me when I can start .told me what kind of uniform I needed.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

I was interviewed by the general manager. He really didn't ask me many questions. He was mainly talking about the company and the job description. We talked for about 30 minutes . Then he told me to come back for orientation the following day .