IHS Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately 8 weeks. Submitted the resume online and waited for 1-2 weeks to get an email from HR to set up the on-site interview. On the day of interview, met 6 people on the team including senior analyst, principal, director and senior director. 30 mins each person. During the interview, mostly conversational and nothing unexpected. The interviewers will mainly focus on the resume. Be prepared for some basic behavior questions like: why consulting? how do you think you can fit in this position? and some technical questions like how to use excel functions (index match, vlookup), vba and tableau. No on-site excel test this time, but heard some other groups have the test before the in-person interview.

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

1, Phone Interview with Sales Director
    2, Phone Interview with Sales Manager
    3, Face to face interview:
    a, Account Executive- 30 minutes.
    b, Technical Sales Manager- 45 minutes.
    c, Professional Services Manager-30-45 minutes.
    d,Global Sales VP and David each for 45 minutes
    e, Sales Director- 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your deal- successful and failed deal
      Sales process- TAS/Sandler sales process questions
      What's your hobby
      Why you leave your company
      What do you think about us
      Give me a one minute summary of your self that will help me make a decision   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Two telephonic rounds followed by an in-person interview at IHS Houston. Interviewed for 4 hours by 5 different people. Each had their own method of testing the candidate. First telephonic round would be very easy judging basics of programming. Second round goes deeper into object oriented programming concepts. Third round you are grilled in person by 5 different people. They know what they are doing and are very good at it. If you get hired, you really deserve it. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a code to take a string of Roman Numbers and output the number in decimal system using C#.
      2. Questions related to "Properties of Triangles"
      3. Design a database and classes for a system that has a number of doctors and patients. A doctor is assigned a patient based on his availability.   Answer Question

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to about four or five people, from members of the team to management level people. They were all very friendly and welcoming, and I felt very comfortable with them. I was interviewed at the office and was shown where I would prospectively work, and was asked questions that very clearly reflected the work I would be asked to do.

If you have an opportunity to interview at this location for this job, do not hesitate, it was a very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the number of cubes inside a 3x3 Rubics Cube? 4x4? Can you find an algorithm for an NxN Rubiks Cube?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. HR emailed 2 weeks after applying and quickly set up calls with the hiring manager to screen applicants. Met in person with director to provide feedback. Final round was with the hiring manager in person and met with other analysts on the team. Went through past experiences and asked some technical questions. There was a basic excel test to complete to check competency. Waited for feedback (yes or no) from HR or hiring manager given I reached the final round. Emailed and rang but no response. Very unprofessional to treat a candidate reaching final round with no decency or a courtesy rejection. Also, like other reviews, the position was changed to a junior position. The bait and switch seems to be quite common. Expected much better.

Marketing Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX).

Interview

There were multiple interviews with various internal stakeholders - ranging from marketing to sales. First interview was very brief - more introductory. Following that, I met with other marketing stakeholders and sales managers.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and was calling in for an interview 1 - 2 weeks later. Had one on one interviews with the hiring manager as well as one of the team members. Interview was fairly simple with regular questions about strengths/weaknesses, it was more about what the scope of the work was for internship duration and what I was expected to accomplish.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call from a recruiter who found my resume online. Very friendly recruiter who asked me a few questions about why I chose my university, when I would graduate and where I was wanting more to live after graduating.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview by panel of colleagues - including VP, two senior directors. Each level of the consulting group was represented. Interview took about 2 hours, no outrageous questions. Not too many technical questions. Emphasis on excel and MS Office skill set. They seem to really appreciate "normal" people. If traveling for interview, they may put you up in a hotel and reimburse you. The process is pretty easy and doesn't take too long.

Principal Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for a different job and was invited to apply for Principal Research Role on October 3, 2014. I got a call few days later from HR guy who asked me about what I am doing currently and where I am employed. Then he told me that he would take my resume to the hiring managers to see what they say. Then he called me back on October 14, 2014 and informed me that I have been scheduled to come in for an interview on October 20, 2014. The interview started with 2 people. One was the director and the other was the senior manager.
    1. Tell me about yourself?
    2. Are you aware that you will be leaving your technical related tasks/job for an Analyst role?
    3. In your current job, is it your responsibility to write a report after doing a job offshore?
    4. Do you like writing?
    5. A lot of the questions were centered on my ability to write a report
    6. Then I was given 10 minutes to solve 2 question written for me on the board
    7. The questions were
    8 How many watches are there in the United States?
    9 How many of those watches are Rolex?
    Then after 10 minutes, only the senior manager came back to conclude the interview with me. We discussed my answers and how I arrived at then. He informed me that if I progress to the next stage, that they will be sending a test that I have to complete online and they will see how long it took me to finish it and how I did. He then concluded by telling me that I will be hearing from them shortly.

Interview Questions

• 1 How many watches are there in the United States?
      2 How many of those watches are Rolex?   1 Answer