IHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IHS is now known as IHS Markit. Merged together we harness the deepest sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. We call this The New Intelligence. We serve over 50,000 customers in over 140 countries. Visit our new page!

IHS Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.8

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Boulder, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Laid back 3 on 1 interview. They give you a lot of background about what the company does as well as where they see themselves. Ask open ended questions and give you room to go into your work in detail.

Economic Analyst Interview

Interview

applied through their official website.phone interview with HR and then with senior analyst,both are phone interviews.The third round is on site interview with team.just typical questions about your experiences and academic performance.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Southfield, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview then an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people. The whole interview process was very laid-back. It was the best interview I ever had. They asked me questions about my SQL experience and what various terminology meant in SQL programming. As well as my team leader skills and what I like to do in my free time.

Their communication really needs improvement though. I've emailed them a few times and they said they had no feedback to give me yet after a whole month. I received an email recently from another talent manager with IHS. She said she was handed over my case. So, now I'm in contact with her regarding everything. Hopefully, I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What does the inner join table command mean?   1 Answer

Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Typical, phone interview, in person, then it took some time before the review got back to me. There was not a lot of communication in the down times, and was hard to gauge if they company had lost interest or not.

Overall the interview process was pretty typical of a publicly traded company as there are multiple layers of management and approvals that are typically involved.

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

Initial phone interview with Director, a face to face interview with 4 members of the executive team. Everyone was incredibly friendly and the interviews were very conversational. One of the best interview experiences I've had.

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

1, Phone Interview with Sales Director
    2, Phone Interview with Sales Manager
    3, Face to face interview:
    a, Account Executive- 30 minutes.
    b, Technical Sales Manager- 45 minutes.
    c, Professional Services Manager-30-45 minutes.
    d,Global Sales VP and David each for 45 minutes
    e, Sales Director- 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your deal- successful and failed deal
      Sales process- TAS/Sandler sales process questions
      What's your hobby
      Why you leave your company
      What do you think about us
      Give me a one minute summary of your self that will help me make a decision
      Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview. If you move onto the next round, the company brings you in for an excel and writing test. The excel test is fairly basic with Sumifs, ranks, regressions, etc. The writing test for the energy team was a description of market developments based on provided data and market intelligence. An hour was given for each test. If you pass that test, then you are brought in for team interviews which can last from 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is our optimal working environment?
      Would you consider your analytical style dependent on numerical values or conceptual ideas?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

I went through a lengthy interview process, on and off site. I visited the office, met some employees etc. After the interviews the staff didn't even have the decency to respond to my emails letting me know I hadn't been selected. It was very unprofessional and I don't know why a company would choose to treat people in their industry like this.

Interview Questions

• Lots of tedious questions in my original interview followed by an on side interview and tests.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

Sequence of interviews was as follows:
    1) HR screening interview
    2) VP Sales Interview
    3) Head of Sales Interview
    4) VP Sales Operations Interview
    5) VP Sales Strategy Interview
    6) Peer interview
    7) Team interview

Overall, the focus of the interview was; what are you looking for, what skillsets do you bring, what do you enjoy doing, where do you want to take your career?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Once you have the offer in hand and they want your skillset, negotiation happened and it was fair.

Entry Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IHS in November 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call interview. Asked about projects what is oop. SQL joins pk vs UK even though job description didn't list any database. Solved two files that were emailed. One was asking what was wrong and the other was about test cases. Asked about testing methods. I didn't think I did that bad other than the SQL questions. No call back