IHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately 8 weeks. Submitted the resume online and waited for 1-2 weeks to get an email from HR to set up the on-site interview. On the day of interview, met 6 people on the team including senior analyst, principal, director and senior director. 30 mins each person. During the interview, mostly conversational and nothing unexpected. The interviewers will mainly focus on the resume. Be prepared for some basic behavior questions like: why consulting? how do you think you can fit in this position? and some technical questions like how to use excel functions (index match, vlookup), vba and tableau. No on-site excel test this time, but heard some other groups have the test before the in-person interview.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Boulder, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Laid back 3 on 1 interview. They give you a lot of background about what the company does as well as where they see themselves. Ask open ended questions and give you room to go into your work in detail.

Economic Analyst Interview

Interview

applied through their official website.phone interview with HR and then with senior analyst,both are phone interviews.The third round is on site interview with team.just typical questions about your experiences and academic performance.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Southfield, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview then an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people. The whole interview process was very laid-back. It was the best interview I ever had. They asked me questions about my SQL experience and what various terminology meant in SQL programming. As well as my team leader skills and what I like to do in my free time.

Their communication really needs improvement though. I've emailed them a few times and they said they had no feedback to give me yet after a whole month. I received an email recently from another talent manager with IHS. She said she was handed over my case. So, now I'm in contact with her regarding everything. Hopefully, I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What does the inner join table command mean?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

Initial phone interview with Director, a face to face interview with 4 members of the executive team. Everyone was incredibly friendly and the interviews were very conversational. One of the best interview experiences I've had.

Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Typical, phone interview, in person, then it took some time before the review got back to me. There was not a lot of communication in the down times, and was hard to gauge if they company had lost interest or not.

Overall the interview process was pretty typical of a publicly traded company as there are multiple layers of management and approvals that are typically involved.

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

1, Phone Interview with Sales Director
    2, Phone Interview with Sales Manager
    3, Face to face interview:
    a, Account Executive- 30 minutes.
    b, Technical Sales Manager- 45 minutes.
    c, Professional Services Manager-30-45 minutes.
    d,Global Sales VP and David each for 45 minutes
    e, Sales Director- 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your deal- successful and failed deal
      Sales process- TAS/Sandler sales process questions
      What's your hobby
      Why you leave your company
      What do you think about us
      Give me a one minute summary of your self that will help me make a decision   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview. If you move onto the next round, the company brings you in for an excel and writing test. The excel test is fairly basic with Sumifs, ranks, regressions, etc. The writing test for the energy team was a description of market developments based on provided data and market intelligence. An hour was given for each test. If you pass that test, then you are brought in for team interviews which can last from 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is our optimal working environment?
      Would you consider your analytical style dependent on numerical values or conceptual ideas?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

I went through a lengthy interview process, on and off site. I visited the office, met some employees etc. After the interviews the staff didn't even have the decency to respond to my emails letting me know I hadn't been selected. It was very unprofessional and I don't know why a company would choose to treat people in their industry like this.

Interview Questions

• Lots of tedious questions in my original interview followed by an on side interview and tests.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

Sequence of interviews was as follows:
    1) HR screening interview
    2) VP Sales Interview
    3) Head of Sales Interview
    4) VP Sales Operations Interview
    5) VP Sales Strategy Interview
    6) Peer interview
    7) Team interview

Overall, the focus of the interview was; what are you looking for, what skillsets do you bring, what do you enjoy doing, where do you want to take your career?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Once you have the offer in hand and they want your skillset, negotiation happened and it was fair.