IHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IHS Interview Questions

3.1

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Economic Analyst Interview

Interview

applied through their official website.phone interview with HR and then with senior analyst,both are phone interviews.The third round is on site interview with team.just typical questions about your experiences and academic performance.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Southfield, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview then an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people. The whole interview process was very laid-back. It was the best interview I ever had. They asked me questions about my SQL experience and what various terminology meant in SQL programming. As well as my team leader skills and what I like to do in my free time.

Their communication really needs improvement though. I've emailed them a few times and they said they had no feedback to give me yet after a whole month. I received an email recently from another talent manager with IHS. She said she was handed over my case. So, now I'm in contact with her regarding everything. Hopefully, I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What does the inner join table command mean?   1 Answer

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

1, Phone Interview with Sales Director
    2, Phone Interview with Sales Manager
    3, Face to face interview:
    a, Account Executive- 30 minutes.
    b, Technical Sales Manager- 45 minutes.
    c, Professional Services Manager-30-45 minutes.
    d,Global Sales VP and David each for 45 minutes
    e, Sales Director- 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your deal- successful and failed deal
      Sales process- TAS/Sandler sales process questions
      What's your hobby
      Why you leave your company
      What do you think about us
      Give me a one minute summary of your self that will help me make a decision   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

I went through a lengthy interview process, on and off site. I visited the office, met some employees etc. After the interviews the staff didn't even have the decency to respond to my emails letting me know I hadn't been selected. It was very unprofessional and I don't know why a company would choose to treat people in their industry like this.

Interview Questions

• Lots of tedious questions in my original interview followed by an on side interview and tests.   Answer Question

Entry Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IHS in November 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call interview. Asked about projects what is oop. SQL joins pk vs UK even though job description didn't list any database. Solved two files that were emailed. One was asking what was wrong and the other was about test cases. Asked about testing methods. I didn't think I did that bad other than the SQL questions. No call back

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Two telephonic rounds followed by an in-person interview at IHS Houston. Interviewed for 4 hours by 5 different people. Each had their own method of testing the candidate. First telephonic round would be very easy judging basics of programming. Second round goes deeper into object oriented programming concepts. Third round you are grilled in person by 5 different people. They know what they are doing and are very good at it. If you get hired, you really deserve it. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a code to take a string of Roman Numbers and output the number in decimal system using C#.
      2. Questions related to "Properties of Triangles"
      3. Design a database and classes for a system that has a number of doctors and patients. A doctor is assigned a patient based on his availability.   Answer Question

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to about four or five people, from members of the team to management level people. They were all very friendly and welcoming, and I felt very comfortable with them. I was interviewed at the office and was shown where I would prospectively work, and was asked questions that very clearly reflected the work I would be asked to do.

If you have an opportunity to interview at this location for this job, do not hesitate, it was a very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the number of cubes inside a 3x3 Rubics Cube? 4x4? Can you find an algorithm for an NxN Rubiks Cube?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. HR emailed 2 weeks after applying and quickly set up calls with the hiring manager to screen applicants. Met in person with director to provide feedback. Final round was with the hiring manager in person and met with other analysts on the team. Went through past experiences and asked some technical questions. There was a basic excel test to complete to check competency. Waited for feedback (yes or no) from HR or hiring manager given I reached the final round. Emailed and rang but no response. Very unprofessional to treat a candidate reaching final round with no decency or a courtesy rejection. Also, like other reviews, the position was changed to a junior position. The bait and switch seems to be quite common. Expected much better.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call from a recruiter who found my resume online. Very friendly recruiter who asked me a few questions about why I chose my university, when I would graduate and where I was wanting more to live after graduating.

Marketing Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

The process went smoothly and I really enjoyed getting to know the company and the leadership. Then they asked the wrong question - it was not so much what they asked but how they asked it. I was under the impression the company was trying to change it's perception in the marketplace and was persuaded that it was a kinder, gentler company at first.

Interview Questions

• The person in this position will need to lay off people over the next 6 months. Are you ready to do that?   1 Answer