IHS Staff Programmer/Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IHS is now known as IHS Markit. Merged together we harness the deepest sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. We call this The New Intelligence. We serve over 50,000 customers in over 140 countries. Visit our new page!

IHS Staff Programmer/Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Staff Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Denver, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

My friend at the employer introduced me to a colleague, a Director, via email. The Director wrote to set up a phone interview. That interview ran just a few minutes to establish that I would be interested in the role and said I would be hearing from HR about phone interviews.

At least a week elapsed and, after I sent a reminder, the HR person contacted me a set up two phone interviews. The first of those interviews was pretty easy and non-technical. The second was technical and difficult as it focused on topics that I have not performed recently.

Another week elapsed and they invited me to the office for two interviews, one with the original Director and one with another Director. The interviewer was fifteen minutes late for my interview. He explained that he was meeting with the CIO and could not leave. An excuse, I suppose, but not a very good one. He explained in more detail the role, as did the second interviewer. I do not remember much of those interviews; I do not believe any of the questions were hard. During that same visit I met with the first Director for a second time where we discussed my goals. That time was probably well spent because the employer ultimately decided against extending an offer because the position did not match my goals. Kudos to me for speaking honestly and to them for listening.

In addition to those interviews I was to talk to an SVP via phone later that day (he was to call). He never called. The HR person apologized and said she would set another time; she did not.

Another week elapsed and the HR person wrote to say there was "a change", that the position now reported to a new person (who does not work from the Denver office). In fact, the original Director had alerted me to that change during my in-person interview. The HR person set a phone interview with the actual supervisor.

That interview was easy, too. The interviewer did not seem prepared. He repeated to me the role he was looking to fill and I repeated to him my career goals.

Interview Questions

• The difficult questions revolved around clustered indexes.   1 Answer