IHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.8

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Two telephonic rounds followed by an in-person interview at IHS Houston. Interviewed for 4 hours by 5 different people. Each had their own method of testing the candidate. First telephonic round would be very easy judging basics of programming. Second round goes deeper into object oriented programming concepts. Third round you are grilled in person by 5 different people. They know what they are doing and are very good at it. If you get hired, you really deserve it. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a code to take a string of Roman Numbers and output the number in decimal system using C#.
      2. Questions related to "Properties of Triangles"
      3. Design a database and classes for a system that has a number of doctors and patients. A doctor is assigned a patient based on his availability.
      Answer Question

Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Albans, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IHS (Saint Albans, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial interview with headhunter agency which took the form of a phone interview. This was followed by an interview with the site leader at St. Albans which included a written skills test before a one-to-one session. This was followed by a second interview with the senior management team where it was necessary to give a presentation on a topic selected by the management team to the whole team. They then asked many questions. Following this interview, the site leader phoned with some additional questions before making a final decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the transition of an established team in the US to a new team in the UK   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tanjong Tokong (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Tanjong Tokong (Malaysia)).

Interview

The interview was standard for market research. After the pre-screening by the Human Resource department, there were two to three tests conducted either over phone or face to face, depending on the availability of the hiring manager. The tests were about analytical skills, writing skills and Microsoft Excel formulas. It wasn't too difficult if you have the skills but success rates are low. Since the positions are mainly entry level, no prior industry experience is required, although it would be an added advantage.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with numbers?   1 Answer

Economist II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

After an e-mail from Human Resources, I had a tele-conference with my prospective chief that lasted about an hour. They take a L0NG time to answer if you have been accepted for the job or not.

Research Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS in January 2015.

Interview

There are three stages, taking approximately 2-3 weeks: 1) phone interview with Human Resources, 2) phone interview with research analyst team, and 3) in person interview with team and director. The two phone interviews asked basic interview questions about your experience, qualifications, and knowledge of the company. They were traditional interview questions. The in-person interview lasts several hours and involves meeting with the team and doing a case study.

Interview Questions

• The in-person interview lasts several hours and is heavily weighted on the case study, which takes about 2 hours. You will have information on the case study, interview an individual acting as a manufacturer executive, analyze the results, and present to the team members. Make sure you notice all the details in the case study and try to get data from the interviewee. There isn't much quantitative data..   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview. If you move onto the next round, the company brings you in for an excel and writing test. The excel test is fairly basic with Sumifs, ranks, regressions, etc. The writing test for the energy team was a description of market developments based on provided data and market intelligence. An hour was given for each test. If you pass that test, then you are brought in for team interviews which can last from 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is our optimal working environment?
      Would you consider your analytical style dependent on numerical values or conceptual ideas?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tanjong Tokong (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IHS (Tanjong Tokong (Malaysia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Waited for almost 2 months to get the feedback. Called their hr numerous times but they didn't not get back to me or answer any of my questions. Very unprofessional handling interviewed candidates.

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to about four or five people, from members of the team to management level people. They were all very friendly and welcoming, and I felt very comfortable with them. I was interviewed at the office and was shown where I would prospectively work, and was asked questions that very clearly reflected the work I would be asked to do.

If you have an opportunity to interview at this location for this job, do not hesitate, it was a very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the number of cubes inside a 3x3 Rubics Cube? 4x4? Can you find an algorithm for an NxN Rubiks Cube?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. First a phone screening interview with basic questions. Then I completed written and excel tests. During the face to face interview (with 4 managers at the same time) I had to explain what I did on the tests and why. They asked a lot about my dissertation, type of data and methods I used to conduct my research.

Interview Questions

• Why have you decided to apply to this role? Explain a situation in which you handle several tasks and deadlines at the same time. What are you looking for in terms of career development? Which other positions am I applying for?   Answer Question

Economist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process is quick and efficient. The company's HR is very responsive.

Interviewers were very professional and knowledgeable about the company and the industry they're in.

The interview started with a number of behavioural and situational questions followed by a number of technical questions. There was a test at the end which involved an Excel spreadsheet and I was asked to fill in cells with appropriate formula given the variables that are provided.

There was also a homework question that tests writing skills