IHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IHS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

Brought in as a contract position while current employee was out on leave. This led to an offer three months later.

Interview Questions

• Since this was a performanced based assignment, being on top of the work was invaluable.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

HR lady contacted me first asking about working status, expected salaries, etc. The first round is a phone interview from the team that the position is located. Two consultant and two VP. Questions were mainly about your resume and the work you've been done. The 2nd round is on-site interview. I meet 4 people, 30mins for each. There are some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Just normal questions, such like:
       How did you turn a problem into opportunity?
      Have you ever seek help outside your group? How did it go?   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst II? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IHS (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I applied for this job twice - once via the website and the second time through a referral. Of course, I got a call back once I was referred. I started off with an HR interview, then interview with the hiring director. After that, I came in for a full day of interviews plus a job talk. Everything went well, so I thought. They liked my job talk, my experience, my academic pedigree... nothing prepared me for the bait and switch of their offering me a LOWER position than the one advertised! It was insulting, to say the least. I learned, though, that I'm no the only one that this has happened to. When I spoke with friends it turned out that in my circle I know two other people who have interviewed with IHS and gotten the bait and switch offer, with the explanation that they just weren't qualified for the position they interviewed for. I turned it down, I don't think I could work in such a bullying, toxic environment.

Senior Analyst II Interview

Interview

I joined via the acquisition of my previous employer, then switched groups. I had a phone interview with my new boss, who decided to bring me on based on that. It was a lateral move, so no salary negotiation was involved.

Negotiation

None.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

The interview process was simple, not much of a technical interview. They were not having an easy time finding good help. Hiring process was time consuming. The offer was low, but I thought I would get good experience. That did not turn out to be the case.

Interview Questions

• What is your five year goal   1 Answer

Senior Research Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

I did not get hired yet. Im waiting to hear back from my final interview. What i noticed though is that you have to stay on top of HR, because they take their time and did not meet the dates that they were supposed to get back at me. Being on top of them politely and understanding they are busy did not create a problem with me advancing to the final process of interviews...

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions such as terms of what would be analyzing when doing the job. There are various position descriptions for this same title, so it will vary. What I recommend is that you get very well familiarized with what would be analyzed. And most importantly, my position was very quantitative, so its important that you can offer the flexibility to learn (and quickly) new tools for quantitative analysis.   Answer Question

Offshore Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Interview

i interviewed for a position in Singapore during my study abroad program. It was general question like why do i want to work for them? what would i bring to the table.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS (Denver, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter for a phone screen, then in person interview with the hiring manager and team.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic. What are your strengths, weaknesses, why should we hire you   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHS (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

I was called by Global Insight on a Friday evening and was told I was an ideal candidate for a position they had locally. After going over my experience, which closely matched the position I was told that the Senior recruiter would like to talk with me. While talking with the more Junior recruiter, I told them that I already work FT and would be more conducive to taking the position if it was a FT position as well. They did not seem to think that was a problem, given that I had work at this company before and left on a positive note. After waiting about 5 minutes the first recruiter told me that I could no be considered a candidate for this position. What I heard is, we need someone to bilk for 6 months while working for this company. I already have contacts into this company and really don't need their help to secure any kind of employment (e.g., 20 years IT experience, MBA, MSEE). All HR agencies suck, this one more so than most others.

Interview Questions

• First interviewer ask vague questions and was not technical themselves.   1 Answer

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IHS (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Includes a panel interview on Statistics followed by a SAS interview in person. If shortlisted there is another round of technical interview taken by very senior management which also constitutes questions related to your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous projects. And they ask about every word written on the resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not offer to negotiate on my salary so there wasn't a negotiation.