IHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IHS is now known as IHS Markit. Merged together we harness the deepest sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. We call this The New Intelligence. We serve over 50,000 customers in over 140 countries. Visit our new page!

IHS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.9

Coordinator Food Bank Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHS (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Lengthy for a volunteer position, there was a lot of information on the organisations future projects. It was not clear what the responsibilities would be. There were delays before I had the interview because they said the responsibilities were being re-defined.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Through job portal HR people contacted me.
    only one round of technical then manager round and HR.
    This min 50 words rule sucking. first remove this rule..
    we are not story tellers.

Life Sciences analyste stagiare Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Vu que je postulais pour un stage, l'entretien s'est seulement produit avec le directeur du département Life Sciences. Il m'a demande pourquoi je voulais faire un stage chez eux, ce que je voulais apprendre et gagner pendant ce stage, ce que j'ai fait avant (postes professionnels, études) et quand je terminai mon doctorat (que j'ai fais en parallèle de ce stage de trois mois).

Interview Questions

• Quelle est votre expérience de travail précédent?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IHS (Englewood, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Three steps interview process: HR first, hiring manager phone interview - second and on-site in-person interview with a group of managers. The overall process was long and not clear.

Interview Questions

• Please bring examples of innovative projects you've been involved in?   Answer Question

Components Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHS (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview process was easy two technical and one hr round. Technical round was taken by the manager and lasted about one hour. HR round took place after half an hour after the technical and this was also very basic and lasted about half an hour. got the offer on that day itself .They gave an option of joining after weeks time.

Interview Questions

• basic electronics question, component question about capacitor, microcontroller, microprocessor, component packing types   Answer Question

Director Oil and Gas Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IHS (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Had several one to one interviews over a period of time. Also did a role play on a consultancy assignment case study. Met employees at different levels of the company. It was a very enjoyable process overall but I did not receive an offer.

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IHS (Raleigh, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

This was an internal referral and offer so the process was a lateral move from sales to pre-sales/technical SME. The interview was very quick and I was offered the move immediately.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll be able to handle the technical side of things?   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Boulder, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Laid back 3 on 1 interview. They give you a lot of background about what the company does as well as where they see themselves. Ask open ended questions and give you room to go into your work in detail.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online for an analyst position, and was contacted a few days later by a recruiter who sent me an Excel taks to complete, once it was completed, I had an interview with senior members of the team. They asked

Interview Questions

• Why IHS ? Have you read any of our recent reports ? Describe how you completed the Excel taks ? Question about my CV and my general fit for the role   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initially, they called me and did a brief phone interview. They asked me about my background and scheduled an appointment for a real interview. The first round of interview was conducted by 2 local managers and 1 overseas manager. I was applying for German speaking customer representative which required me to prove my German proficiency to the overseas manager. The local managers asked me about my background and reviewed my English proficiency. The interview took about 1 hour long.

The second interview was about a week later where they asked me to bring in my academic certificates and transcripts. The whole process is very thoroughly documented through email and phone confirmations.

During the third week, they had called me back to give me a verbal confirmation of an official offer, but they needed the American headquarters to approve the offer they wanted to give me. On the phone, the hiring manager discussed with me about my benefits package. It took about another week before I could finally go in and sign the letter offer.

After everything, I had to wait another two weeks for my security badge and everything else to be ready before I could official start work.

Interview Questions

• Name your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer