IHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IHS Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2017

2.8

VP Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IHS (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2015.

Interview

Went through more than 5 people interview. With report line manager, peers, SVP and EVP. All interviews were very open and fair with very friendly atmosphere. The interview were initially face to face meeting, then follow up with telephone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Based on some assumption of your expected roles and the company's solutions, what are your strategies of selling, creating account plannings, organizing your own sales teams, and growing the business?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately 8 weeks. Submitted the resume online and waited for 1-2 weeks to get an email from HR to set up the on-site interview. On the day of interview, met 6 people on the team including senior analyst, principal, director and senior director. 30 mins each person. During the interview, mostly conversational and nothing unexpected. The interviewers will mainly focus on the resume. Be prepared for some basic behavior questions like: why consulting? how do you think you can fit in this position? and some technical questions like how to use excel functions (index match, vlookup), vba and tableau. No on-site excel test this time, but heard some other groups have the test before the in-person interview.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at IHS in January 2014.

Interview

General questionining / presentation to line manager on products to show product knowledge. Second stage of process similar but with different personnel interviewing. Overall fairly straightforward but communication after interview slightly lacking,

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS (Geneva (Switzerland)) in January 2014.

Interview

They were two separate meetings, one with HR and the other with managers. Very professional and objective. Back at time I thought the process was pretty standard (I don't know if this has changed though)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

Quick, smooth and very easy. Drive experience. Every round had 2 interviewers.
    First round was written
    The second round was mixed with manual questions and automation questions.
    The third round was mid level manager round, with automation questions.
    The fourth round was director round. Casual and healthy round.

PS - Stay calm and confident, that's all is been required.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write as tough, with array questions, Strings, QA fundamentals, puzzles, test cases.   1 Answer

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHS (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

One round with the Manager alongside HR. Few technical questions to which they had no idea what I was answering. Although I did answer them fairly but I do know I could've done lot better and yet they announced the same day that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• If I am willing to join immediately   1 Answer

Coordinator Food Bank Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHS (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Lengthy for a volunteer position, there was a lot of information on the organisations future projects. It was not clear what the responsibilities would be. There were delays before I had the interview because they said the responsibilities were being re-defined.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Through job portal HR people contacted me.
    only one round of technical then manager round and HR.
    This min 50 words rule sucking. first remove this rule..
    we are not story tellers.

Life Sciences analyste stagiare Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Vu que je postulais pour un stage, l'entretien s'est seulement produit avec le directeur du département Life Sciences. Il m'a demande pourquoi je voulais faire un stage chez eux, ce que je voulais apprendre et gagner pendant ce stage, ce que j'ai fait avant (postes professionnels, études) et quand je terminai mon doctorat (que j'ai fais en parallèle de ce stage de trois mois).

Interview Questions

• Quelle est votre expérience de travail précédent?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IHS (Englewood, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Three steps interview process: HR first, hiring manager phone interview - second and on-site in-person interview with a group of managers. The overall process was long and not clear.

Interview Questions

• Please bring examples of innovative projects you've been involved in?   Answer Question