IHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IHS Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.8

Entry Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IHS in November 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call interview. Asked about projects what is oop. SQL joins pk vs UK even though job description didn't list any database. Solved two files that were emailed. One was asking what was wrong and the other was about test cases. Asked about testing methods. I didn't think I did that bad other than the SQL questions. No call back

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Two telephonic rounds followed by an in-person interview at IHS Houston. Interviewed for 4 hours by 5 different people. Each had their own method of testing the candidate. First telephonic round would be very easy judging basics of programming. Second round goes deeper into object oriented programming concepts. Third round you are grilled in person by 5 different people. They know what they are doing and are very good at it. If you get hired, you really deserve it. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a code to take a string of Roman Numbers and output the number in decimal system using C#.
      2. Questions related to "Properties of Triangles"
      3. Design a database and classes for a system that has a number of doctors and patients. A doctor is assigned a patient based on his availability.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Englewood, CO).

Interview

In total took 3 weeks. Very informal - recruiting manager in another country. So therefore quite a few phone calls. One in person interview with a panel but not that difficult as no presentation was necessary. They were looking for the right person not necessarily background I destroy experience. Small team so wanted a personality that would fit in. I do not believe this is standard at IHS. I was lucky to be interviewed for a position supporting a team that had worked together for many years and were newly acquired by IHS. They wanted the right fit.

Interview Questions

• In this role, what would you do in your first three months?   Answer Question

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to about four or five people, from members of the team to management level people. They were all very friendly and welcoming, and I felt very comfortable with them. I was interviewed at the office and was shown where I would prospectively work, and was asked questions that very clearly reflected the work I would be asked to do.

If you have an opportunity to interview at this location for this job, do not hesitate, it was a very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the number of cubes inside a 3x3 Rubics Cube? 4x4? Can you find an algorithm for an NxN Rubiks Cube?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. HR emailed 2 weeks after applying and quickly set up calls with the hiring manager to screen applicants. Met in person with director to provide feedback. Final round was with the hiring manager in person and met with other analysts on the team. Went through past experiences and asked some technical questions. There was a basic excel test to complete to check competency. Waited for feedback (yes or no) from HR or hiring manager given I reached the final round. Emailed and rang but no response. Very unprofessional to treat a candidate reaching final round with no decency or a courtesy rejection. Also, like other reviews, the position was changed to a junior position. The bait and switch seems to be quite common. Expected much better.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Southfield, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone call from HR about general question, then a one-on-one interview with hiring manager for one hour. Asked about technical skills, past experiences, some behavioral questions. The manager was very nice and professional. Got a phone call from HR saying she is preparing my offer only two days after the interview.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IHS (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. Kathleen Brown really cared about what I wanted and did her best to make sure everything was painless for me and it worked..It was nice to finally have someone do exactly what they said the would do.

Interview Questions

• What would work best for my future goals?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX).

Interview

There were multiple interviews with various internal stakeholders - ranging from marketing to sales. First interview was very brief - more introductory. Following that, I met with other marketing stakeholders and sales managers.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and was calling in for an interview 1 - 2 weeks later. Had one on one interviews with the hiring manager as well as one of the team members. Interview was fairly simple with regular questions about strengths/weaknesses, it was more about what the scope of the work was for internship duration and what I was expected to accomplish.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

Pre-interview contact was done via email. In-person interviews were conducted with hiring manager, department head, and several department colleagues. All interviews were done in one day over a 3 hour period, which was fine with me. I would have liked to see the office environment during my visit, but was put in a conference room close to the entrance. A separate on-boarding department, not the hiring manager, makes the offer and discusses salary and benefits. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused on reviewing work experience in detail, as well as several scenario-based questions to uncover how I would handle issues.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not applicable.