IHS Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IHS is now known as IHS Markit. Merged together we harness the deepest sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. We call this The New Intelligence. We serve over 50,000 customers in over 140 countries. Visit our new page!

IHS Research Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview. If you move onto the next round, the company brings you in for an excel and writing test. The excel test is fairly basic with Sumifs, ranks, regressions, etc. The writing test for the energy team was a description of market developments based on provided data and market intelligence. An hour was given for each test. If you pass that test, then you are brought in for team interviews which can last from 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is our optimal working environment?
    Would you consider your analytical style dependent on numerical values or conceptual ideas?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IHS

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS.

Interview

Applied online, and HR called me a week after to schedule an interview with a Director. The manager was very welcoming and the interview was very conversational, focusing on my resume and experience. Completed an Excel test a week after the interview, and received the offer a few days after the test.

Interview Questions

• Position focused in Latin America, so the Director conducted part of the interview in Spanish.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview lasted around 2 hours. It was a group interview with 3 employees, one division head and two directors. At the very beginning, they asked several behavioral questions mainly focusing on previous working background and how these experience may help the candidate to contribute at this position. Then They gave me a case question and 10 minutes for preparation. The last piece was a simplified case question. They asked me to explain the approach I would take to find the answer.

Interview Questions

• Let us know how you can better contribute at this position.   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS in May 2008.

Interview

Was contacted soon after sending my CV. There were 2 interviews and 1 written test. We had to write a written response to a case study within 30 minutes. Had a very good impression of the work culture because everyone seemed quite happy at work.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation ?   1 Answer