IIR USA Marketing Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at IIR USA

1 Interview Review

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IIR USA (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone call received from HR, standardized test given, once passing test interview scheduled with with hiring manager. Then 2 days later asked to come back to meet another hiring manager. This was the whole process.

Perceptions:
Cubicle city, silent office, stressful environment could be felt. Overheard 2 employees in reception area talking about how unhappy they were. Hiring Managers did not seem to have a good relationship, an assignment was given by one and when I met the second one it was obvious he/she was not aware of it. 2nd hiring Manager asked an out of left field question designed to put candidate on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here...I'm just not sure about you. (direct quote)   1 Answer

After 1 phone interview a cognitive test and two 1:1 interviews, I got the clear and distinct feeling that I would not be happy or operate at my best level at this company. I also knew I did not want to work in a cubicle at this point in my career, it's a step back that I'm not willing to take. The answer I received when asking about office was....that they want a more OPEN atmosphere where colleagues can brainstorm and discuss issues instead of sending emails. I wonder why I didn't see one person engaging in that collegial behavior? Having a background at dot coms I know what a truly open atmosphere looks like...wifi, laptops and couches where colleagues can conduct a meeting anywhere. A sea of cubicles does not an open work environment make. And for your notes, companies plagued by hundreds of emails a day between colleagues indicates one thing, employees feel desperate to cover their backs. An email trail is the most obvious way to avoid" he said she said" arguments.

While I believe this company could be a great way to make some high level brand contacts, I wasn't sure that I could make it long enough there to take advantage of that. I observed a high level of quality in the conferences produced. Weak on the digital side, Management not on cutting edge of technology and how it affects their business. Serious negative there.

Nothing personal, I actually liked the first hiring manager quite a bit.