IISC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IISC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IISC (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly straight-forward. The professor focuses mainly on the topic you will be working, relevant work experience is a huge advantage. A typical interview will last for 30 min at IISc (Depends on the department).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IISC.

Interview

Be prepared with resume and position background . Learn stuff online . Have a consice resume . have a proper reasearch mentality. . . . . . . . . . . .

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IISC.

Interview

Asked about educational background. GPA and interests. Whether I will be willing to work on my own. Since I worked under a scientist, he asked me about how much I was interested in the kind of research he was doing and whether I would fit into his lab.

Systems Administrator Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IISC.

Interview

Selection process consists of two stages. First is written test followed by interview. Written test consists of basic questions on engineering subjects like C, Database, Operating systems, Computer Networks. In interview the main focus is on C and Unix and also our interesting subject.

MTech Student Interview

Interview

The interview process is tough and the panelists are mostly professors which are on the top of their field. You need to know the basics of which ever background you are of as they will not spare you from the basics.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IISC (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Masters qualified students are eligible to apply for the program.
    GATE, NET and other competitive exam qualified students get selected for the interview. However, if Mtech qualified, then the candidate doesn't require to be qualified in the competitive exams.
    The candidate is required to select the departments of interest during the application process by paying fee.
    Shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview in the respective department.

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IISC in April 2017.

Interview

Good working environment. If you see the place you will love the environment. Very peaceful environment. People aer good but only thing is you need to have good knowledge on programming of you want to survive.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IISC (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Mailed the respective professor.
    Interview- general question on research topic
    Trail period to judge your research aptitude.
    Work with Ph.D. students and pick on certain fundamentals to execute the project.
    Weekly interview to see progress and then the final decision is made after one month of work in the respective lab

Interview Questions

• Describe your research topic?   1 Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IISC.

Interview

It was a simple one on one with the professor. He asked a few questions on my previous work and pretty much all he wanted to know was about my interest and work culture.

Interview Questions

• What do wish to gain from this job   1 Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IISC (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was web based. Simple interview about previous work. You should be clear about your future goals and also relate them to your previous work. Also a recommendation from someone you have worked closely with would help.

Interview Questions

• My interests and how it would work with their interests.   Answer Question