IIT Bombay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IIT Bombay Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.3

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IIT Bombay.

Interview

Had to mail the professor several time and finally on the day of meet showed him the findings, project demos, reason the failures that occurred previously. The iynterview was project specific and some questions regarding the concepts behind project was asked like why this microcontroller, why not SPI over I2C. Codes were not tested in detail.

Interview Questions

• Would you work for the entire year?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Brief Phone Interview with basic questions just asked by the professor under whom you are applying.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the applied field.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed pay.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IIT Bombay in December 2013.

Interview

Had a phone Interview. I was interviewed by a professor who was very friendly. It was a great experience discussing concepts in operations research. questions were based on Operations Research. Some were based from my resume as well.

Interview Questions

• questions were based on Operations Research. Some were based from my resume as well. I was interviewed by a professor who was very friendly. It was a great experience discussing concepts in operations research   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IIT Bombay (Mumbai (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was telephonic but didn't receive any further communication. Mainly I was asked about my projects and why I wanted the internship. It was overall a good interview not really an interview but a phone conversation

Interview Questions

• Are you available full time for 6 months?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IIT Bombay.

Interview

its one on one with the professor and he described about the project I will be working on and asked questions based on the project. Thats it basically, work on your basics before you go to the interview process. Prepare for the worst.

Interview Questions

• questions were about theory of machines   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIT Bombay (Mumbai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview started on time and interviewers were friendly. They were interested to know about solutions to the given problem. Total 4 working professionals and 2 professors were present for interview.

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IIT Bombay (Mumbai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

CPI will be checked, Course grades are verified. Student statement of purpose will be asked. You have to apply it online. The UG academic council will send a mail on GPO.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IIT Bombay (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an informal interview wherein I was marked for my attitude towards research. The interview was arranged after meeting the Professor by emailing him on his institutional ID. A few questions related to the work was asked, after which I was expected to make a presentation by doing a literature survey.

Interview Questions

• What are the different types of nanoparticles used in therapeutics?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation in my case as it was an unpaid internship. But if you choose to apply through IRCC portal you are eligible for a stipend.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IIT Bombay (Powai, Maharashtra (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Personal Interview taken by a number of former and current team members for the project. Most of them were just other interns so the questions resembled the ones found commonly on competitive coding websites such as Codechef and Topcoder. Paper-based questions, no use of electronic devices. Voicing one's thoughts helped them get a fair idea of your skills.

Interview Questions

• Simple algorithms questions: Efficient sorting algorithms, Java based questions regarding Threads.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because there was no scope for it.

Senior Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IIT Bombay (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

based on your experience and academic background you will be called for interview. Interview process is very tough, purely based on academics. Nice place to work. People are very cooperative and friendly. Enthusiastic environment for work.