IKA Works Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.0

QC Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKA Works (Wilmington, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Fairly typical process, but excruciatingly slow from initial contact with the HR department to the final interview with the CEO. They were looking to fill the position quickly but did not move the process forward in a timely manner. My impression was that the CEO had a hand in every stage of the process and her travels away from the location played a part in the delays. Everyone was professional and polite but the CEO seemed to be a little inexperienced with interviewing and not very knowledgeable about the position I was being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Who would win a fight between Batman and The Flash?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell hot chocolate in Florida during the summer time?   Answer Question
    • If you were on a long, international flight, who would you want sitting next to you and why?   Answer Question
    • Other, more typical and routine questions about skills and abilities and how you would react to certain situations with coworkers, managers, etc...   Answer Question

IKA Works Response

Jan 23, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for remembering the questions! We are excited to having a full team to support our exciting product launches in 2017 and building quality systems for our customers.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKA Works (Wilmington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

After interviewing over the phone with the recruiting firm I was scheduled for an interview. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to meet their upper management and discuss my background, and I prepared for days ahead of time.

I generated a PowerPoint presentation on "Why I want to work for IKA Works", a list of job specific questions to ask them, a list of Situational Questions and Answers, a list of my PROs, and a list of my CONs. I prepared handouts for each person and handed the interviewers a packet of the documents during the interview.

The building seemed very nice. It was very modern with full glass walls that let in a lot of light. The top floor was office space, and the bottom floor dedicated to the lobby area, a conference room, and a showroom area.

The interviews seemed to go really well. The interviewers were very nice and very professional. We discussed my qualifications and what they were looking for in a Service Technician. I presented my handouts and they seemed impressed that I had gone to great lengths in my preparation.

Towards the end of each interview I presented a spreadsheet that detailed my salary needs to earn a living wage in this area. I live on a tight budget with no frills and I live a simple and somewhat frugal lifestyle. I had performed research into what an electronics technician with my education (AAS), experience(25 years), and professional background is typically paid in the Wilmington North Carolina area, and my spreadsheet was right in line with what it told me.

The interviewer seemed baffled by the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet was very simple and very understandable to the average person as it detailed hourly wage increments ranging from $16/hour to $24/hour on the top row and beneath each increment of pay rate in the column below it detailed my fixed expenses with a remainder at the bottom to cover all other variable expenses like food/electricity/gasoline/automobile maintenance/clothing. The bottom line was that I wouldn't be able to afford to work for them for less than $22/hour. It seemed straightforward enough and simple to understand.

Although both interviewers commented that they had never seen someone so well prepared for an interview before they were apparently insulted that I disclosed my salary requirements for the job that I was being interview for. They called my recruiter and told them that, and that they were passing on me as a candidate. I was devastated. Everything that I had ever accomplished in my life meant nothing to them when it came to paying a decent living wage.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer: If you have a 747 full of jelly beans sitting on a runway how would you empty it?   1 Answer
    • Interviewer: If Spider-Man and Batman got into a fight who would win?   1 Answer
    • Interviewer: How do you react to working under tight schedules to achieve difficult goals when under a lot of pressure?   1 Answer
    • Interviewer: Where do you see yourself in 5 years if you are hired into this position?   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IKA Works.

Interview

The interview process was unnecessarily long. The first two interviews were over the phone with the HR rep, the second interview was a video interview with the CEO. The whole process took about three months. After receiving the job, the start date was changed several times. I started work almost 5 months after the initial interview.

70% Customer Service 30% Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IKA Works (Wilmington, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

the interview for the marketing part went A++ very well, CEO asked extremely well defined questions, did not waste a minute to get to an excellent discussion about business specific topics. CEO had read my resume, was prepared, and conducted interview in form of a pleasant discussion. the interviewer for the customer service part seemed unprepared and asked redundant unfocused questions

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. CEO wanted to know what I knew about the company and how I would approach adapting marketing to 2009 methods.   Answer Question

VR Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKA Works (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for a creative role in VR. I was told by the recruiter and interviewer that the company were after game developers with VR experience. I had over 17 years experience in AAA gaming and had won several BAFTAs for my work. I was excited by the prospects of relocation and a new field were I could flex my skill set. The studio in question was a medical start-up with gaming aspirations.

It was clear from the outset that there was no understanding of development, business strategy or VR. Although this worried me a little I thought its was probably the reason for generous wage and relocation package. As the interview progressed it became very clear that this venture was a flight of fancy. The questioning was simplistic, the interviewer was arrogant and disrespectful. There was no explanation of the role and when questioned about the studio strategy no answer was given. I found myself having to give the interviewer questions to ask me. The interview lasted all of 20 mins for a senior role that apparently commanded a $200k + salary.

I received no feedback from the interview despite both the recruitment agency and the interviewer contacting me after the interview informing me that this would be forthcoming. I was quite happy not to follow up on this position. I would recommend that any seasoned developer think twice about this role before taking it, you may have to take on a greater mentor role than you would expect.

Chemiker Interview

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IKA Works in July 2016.

Interview

Nach der Bewerbung musste ich über einen Monat auf eine Rückmeldung warten. Doch per Mail wurde dann ei Gespräch angeboten. Zunächst Telefoninterview (der Personaler war im Urlaub mit den dazugehörenden Hintergrundgeräuschen...). Dauerte nur 20min war aber dennoch sehr professionell und höflich. Dann lange nichts. Nach ein paar Wochen ein Skype Interview. Teilweise die gleiche Fragen, da ein anderer Kollege dabei war. Wieder lange Stille und ein drittes Interview per Telefon, um zu erfahren, ob och Interesse besteht. Wieder wochenlang Stille. Bis eine Absage kam.

Interview Questions

• Wo sehen Sie sich in 5 Jahren, Stärken/Schwächen, meine Person und Lebenslauf   Answer Question

IKA Works Response

Feb 5, 2017 – CEO

Vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback. Wir haben innerhalb der Firmengruppe über 50 Personen, die regelmässig Vorstellungsgespräche führen. Es wäre sehr hilfreich, wenn Sie uns sagen könnten, in welcher ... More