IKEA Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

IKEA Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.0

Returns Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Interview

I filled out an application online on March 30th. I then received an email a week later for an invite to their national meet and greet (job fair) on April 7th the night before. For the meet and greet there was at least 100 people in attendance in the 30 mins I was there. I had a group interview with 3 other people answering general interview questions. That part lasted about 5 minutes and then we were able to leave. I later received a phone call for another interview approximately 3 weeks later. The interview went well and the manager who interviewed me told me to wait for her to call me for a possible job offer. I called her almost everyday after the interview until I got back in contact with her a week and a half later where she asked me to come in the next day. When I came in I was offered the position and immediately took the oral drug test. I am awaiting my background test currently and orientation in 2 weeks.

Swedish Market & Bistro Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was actually recruited from a previous position. The interview was just a formality. The basic questions of KSA's and completing an application. The most difficult part of the interview, was negotiating pay after an offer was made. The interviewers were very upfront about what their expectations were and allowing me to ask any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• What made me the right fit for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for a full time sales position and was contacted for an interview a few weeks later. And by "contacted" I mean the manager happened to see me and wanted to do the interview right then. There was no real planning on his part.

After answering some generic questions, the interview took a sour turn. His demeanor was very pompous and arrogant. Additionally, he made snide remarks about my career aspirations and answers to his questions. I withdrew my application the same day; no job is worth that disrespect.

Interview Questions

• "What are your career goals/do you have any other job besides working at IKEA?"

"If hired when can you begin?"
      1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is usually scrypt, lacks personal engagment sencerity often times the person will have already been chosen, the inteview process is merley political.
    They often do group intevies like to conduct Phone inteviews with other parties listening in:
    Some may have you take a "Characte Test"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self;
      Tell me a time when you had to make a difcult desion and how you overcame it, what did you learn from it.
      Can we keep you portfolio?
      What level of compensation are looking for:
      Do you, or have you had relatives working for this company
      Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Called by HR manager at the store. Interviewed with the manager of my department. Questions were asked in a nice, quiet room. Questions are straightforward and there is emphasis on having a conversation rather than a grilling. Was walked through the department and introduced to other co-workers. Very nice. After that, was called in to do the drug screen (mouth swab) and the date of orientation. Orientation is great with good 1-on-1 time with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above the call to help a customer.   Answer Question

Bistro Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

Went through two interviews with upper management for the food department and HR for overall store. Also a pre-phone interview. Process was easy. Took drug test, answered questions about life and landed job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a challenge and had to solve it.   Answer Question