IKEA Coworker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

My supervisor had a check list he was working with and also had a fair amount of open ended questions so that he could assess who I really was outside of the minimum required to fill out for his paperwork. He listened, was pleasant, open minded, fair, and agreeable to work with.

Interview Questions

• What do I consider to be my weakest point as employee?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later and had a phone interview. At the end of the interview, I was able to schedule the on-site face-to-face interview. Once there, I interviewed with the person who was in charge of the department, and it took roughly an hour (knew that was how long it was scheduled to take before arriving). At the end of the onsite interview, the manager informed me of what the next steps would be regardless of if I was selected to move forward or not.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were required to work with someone who you did not get along with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone screening, where they ask values base questions, then two face to face interviews where they go over your resume and final a drug test at the job offer. You got to past two background checks as well

Anonymous Employee in White Marsh, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (White Marsh, MD) in February 2010.

Interview

I interviewed for the Call Center Coworker position in Baltimore, MD. Before the interview I spoke with a recuiter on the phone for about 15 minutes about the postion and I had to answer questions similar to the interview questions. I had so much trouble finding the building because it was on a secluded side street. After I finally arrived, I checked in with the LP person, (very nice person). I had to fill out application as well as other forms (Took about 20 mins). After I was done, I waited about 10 minutes and two supervisors greeted me and took me into a small room for an interview. They were both very nice people. They explained the position i was interviewing for and explained their positions with the company. They began to ask me a series of questions. They asked questions like "Tell me about a time you had to diffuse a situation with a customer. Tell me about a time when you had to make an important decision when a supervisor was not available? How would your past employers describe you", etc... They really made you think. After that, I was given a paper to write out a few sentences to explain what I would bring to the Ikea, they stepped out of the room. After about 10 minutes, another supervisor walked me to the actual call center where people were working. For the 2nd part, I had to sit with an employee, and listen while she took calls and write information about each call. (This lasted about 20 minutes and it was Easy.) For the final part, I was taken to a computer lab and took a skills test on the computer. (This was about an hour) After That I was told I would be contacted sometime the next week. I was offered the position. I'm very excited about it.

Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wednesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Wednesbury, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Informal and very friendly, more like a chat with friends. Excellent experience.group presentation followed by group discussion about what makes the "Wonderful Everyday" the ikea motto, tour of the store. After that a one to one interview with coworkers and department manager. Very relaxed atmosphere.they offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a customer had travelled a long way to our store, found that we didn't have their item in stock so decided to get some lunch before travelling home and their food was cold.   1 Answer

Coworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position in IKEA Glasgow and a week later was emailed offering me to attend an open evening on the Wednesday of that week. If you ever go to the open evenings, prepare for the amount of people to show up. I overheard one of the IKEA employees who was helping people like me around say to someone that they predicted around 400 people to show up for that evening.

At the open evening, there were 2 people from each department within the store (Customer relations, Sales, Logistics and Food) and there were ques of people waiting to speak to the employees. The idea is, if you are relaxed and speak well about yourself and show you are interested in seeing what IKEA has to offer (and you have don't have an issue talking with other people) you will be taken over for a mini interview. I was taken over for a mini interview after talking with a woman from customer relations.

My interview lasted 10 minutes or so and was with one of the department managers. Don't worry about the interview, its totally informal and relaxed, so just chill and tell the interviewer what you know about IKEA and what you've achieved (during my interview, when I ran out of things to say, I would say "And the food is superb", this is not advisable haha). I was told they would match what the interviewer had written during my interview with what I had written on my CV that I sent and would decide if I was a possible match.

A few days later I got a call saying I had been successful in my interview and was to attend an assessment center on the Wednesday the next week. This is where the group tasks took place. My group tasks lasted for about 1hr 15mins or so. I am not going to tell you how to act at the assessment centers because either you're a people person or you're not. Just make sure you don't shy away and are quiet, but don't become obnoxious or pushy as they will pick up on this. Our first task was to speak to the person next to us and find out about them, and then tell everyone in the room about that person. The managers that were assessing us also introduced each other which did put my mind at rest. After that, we pick a product sold by IKEA and answer some questions about it (what we think it is, what other uses it could have, how much we think it costs). You then have to present what your group thought to everyone in the room (not as bad as it sounds). One point to make, whenyou've finished presenting, one of the managers told us what the product actually was and how much it was. If you ask the managers a question about the product, this is a good thing to do as it shows interest in IKEA.

We were then shown a room and we had to identify who we thought the room was for and why we thought this, as well as anything we would change (don't take a backseat at this part, as they are watching for teamwork skills, communication and an eye for detail and design). You then have to present your findings to everyone in the assessment room.

I've been told I would be emailed if unsuccessful and phoned if successful in passing this stage of the process. I haven't received an email but received a call from a private number yesterday and am hoping its them.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to a job at IKEA   1 Answer

Coworker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA in January 2007.

Interview

one to one interview with the department manager.

very informal, just a chat really. Ask you why IKEA. The job position was explained. Then asked how you would respond in various situations.

If you were dealing with a customer, and had to get something from elsewhere, and was asked for assistance from another customer, what would you do?