IKEA Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Renton, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called in a few days later. I interviewed with the person who would be my direct supervisor. The interview was brief and I was called back in for an interview with another manager (from a different department). I was offered the job after my second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week and a half later. Quick phone interview, then was invited to a group interview. It was rather easy, just had to show the managers that you had a personality as well as being competent. Had to design a product for ikea and build a tower with your team. Received a background check email two weeks after, and a few days later got a call to come in once more. I was offered a position on the spot. Sent to a drug test facility and had to follow up on the background check.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

After applying on the company's website I was asked to come to the store to interview. After a very simple interview with a manager for the department I was applying to. A few days after the initial interview I was asked to come back in, for what seemed like a 2nd interview but was really to be offered the position and be given a saliva drug test.

Interview Questions

• Mostly VERY simple situation questions. It is considered a plus to know something about the company going into interview, especially regarding sustainability or outreach programs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically, for most positions they have a range in which they are willing to pay. Don't be afraid to ask for a decent amount, if it is reasonable they most likely will accept it.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple weeks after. When I went it the interview lasted 10 minutes and I was hired. All they really asked was if I was available to work weekends. It was a pretty straight forward interview.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Adelaide (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Group assessment. Talk to person next to you get a lot info and the present to whole group, probably about 20 in group. Answer 2 questions as a group based on ikea values...working as a team, and can't remember other one. Then had to build a tower out of mega block, estimate how tall and then build it, make sure it's stable, all the while the managers walk around and assess the group. Then interview by 2 managers questions like tell us about a difficult customer and how you dealt with it, all questions assessed using STAR, situation, task? Action, resolution, it's how they want you to answer. Tell us about a time you mediated between two people hang a dispute. Tell us about a time you saw someone being unsafe at work and what did you do....just be honest with your answers.mthey are all very friendly and don't want to scare you 😀

Interview Questions

• Working in retail can be very tiring what do you do to keep your energy levels up?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

1st Interview was a group assessment. About 20 or so people and we got split up into groups of about 5 where we talked about times where we've had good and bad customer service. Also talked about what makes good customer service while the assessors listened in. We then had to walk around the store and make observations and then discuss what we noticed. ie. Staff on hand to help, layout of the store, variety of products available. We then went home and I was called the same day for a 1:1 interview. that was just a traditional type interview where they ask personal questions like ..'Tell me a time when ...' It was pretty informal so i wasn't too nervous.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model? When did you last make a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question