IKEA Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2016

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at IKEA

Positive100%
Applied online100%
2.4
HardAverageEasy
Found 8 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Stoughton, MA) in Jan 2016

Interview

Applied online, about two weeks later received an email for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 min, and at the end of the conversation they scheduled me to have an in person interview the next day. The interview was a one-on-one with the head of the department and lasted about 1 hour. Very relaxed atmosphere, although there were a lot of questions for me to answer.

Interview Questions
  • What should a manager expect of you?
    1 Answer
  • What should you expect of a manager?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Burbank, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

Easy interview, asked questions about what you know about the company and your work experience. Took a couple weeks to get an interview.After the first interview they called about a week later to tell me I got a second interview. Before the second interview, they did a background check and had to fill out papers. So now Im here waiting for the interview and hoping I get the position.

Interview Questions
IKEA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in Jun 2015

Interview

apply online, got a phone interview in the next 7days. During the phone interview they ask about why you want to work for Ikea and lots of example of problems you faced with customers during your previous employment. When they satisfied with your answer they scheduled for face to face over the phone. 3 weeks later. The face to face interview are conducted with floor manager and his supervisor. They only asked me 5 beheavioral questions, none of the questions related to your skills or qualities.

Interview Questions
  • Give specific example of when you have communication problem with co-worker and how did you solve it?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Cincinnati, OH)

Interview

The phone interview had basic questions about skills and work experience. A couple days after the phone interview, I got a call to schedule an interview with the marketplace manager at the IKEA store. The showroom manager was also there for the interview. He was there to lighten the mood. I was asked basic questions, similar to those of the phone interview. They were very friendly and polite. They didn't just ask the questions that were on their list. They explained the potential to grow within IKEA and the many different opportunities there were.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for IKEA?
  • Explain a time when you faced a difficult situation, and how did you solve the problem?
  • Explain a time when you failed a certain task, and what did you do to fix it?
  • Which room in your house is your favorite, and why?
  • Explain a situation where you had to be a team leader.
Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015

Interview

Long and pointless I completely hated the whole process of this year and I can't make it out there and get them to call me hopefully soon as I can find something else to do with the business and get my own thing to work together this year is a small price to pay.

Interview Questions
IKEA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IKEA (United States) in Apr 2015

Interview

I had a positive interview and the two ladies that interviewed me were very friendly. The questions were all pretty simple and I thought I would get the job but I was pretty nervous so I think it prevented me from getting the job.

Interview Questions
IKEA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (United States)

Interview

Applied online, got email to set up phone interview for home furnishing sales associate. Emailed back with time and day. Received call from a phone number in maryland, took around 10 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (United States) in Mar 2014

Interview

I applied for this position online, and the whole process took about roughly two weeks. The most relevant questions are: "Why do you want to work for Ikea"?

Interview Questions
  • The last question was probably the most difficult, because we from time to time, we forget the things that we have done. But the most important thing to remember is to think clearly about what you are going to say.