IKEA Ikea Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 38 of over 1.8K interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at IKEA

IKEA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at IKEA in Jan 2018

Interview

j’ai tout d’abord été déposé mon CV en magasin puis j’ai été contacté par la RH. ensuite j’ai eu un entretien et elle m’a rappelé pour le dire que j’étais prise.

Interview Questions
  • Pourquoi IKEA
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Dallas, TX) in Sep 2016

Interview

They sent me an email the day after I applied to schedule a phone interview. Thank God for Glassdoor to prep me for some questions. Most of the questions already are on here. He asked me 4-5 questions and scheduled an in-person interview for the next day! The process was fast and easy. Will update this after the 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions
  • What was your biggest accomplishment, and why?
  • Everyone makes mistakes. What is something you wish you would have done better or differently?
2 people found this interview helpful

IKEA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA

Interview

The interview was very simple. I applied online, about a few days laster i received a call from their hiring company to schedule a phone interview. I took the phone interview and then was asked to do a background check and come in for a face to face interview. I did and i met with the team lead. After that they asked me to come in for a second interview with the manager. when i arrived they said i gave me the offer and paperwork to sign.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time where you went beyond to help a customer? Tell me how you would deal with an angry customer? are you team player?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashton-under-Lyne, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Ashton-under-Lyne, England, England) in Jul 2016

Interview

I went to a Group Assessment Centre which had about 30 other applicants. We were split into 5 or 6 groups. The first task was getting to know the person next to you. The second task was to make a group presentation about what we thought great customer service was. The third was from a list of priorities, list which ones were most important to least important and present them to everyone. This was interspersed with information about who Ikea were and what they do, etc. After a 15-20 minute period doing a work trial (not with actual customers, an Ikea worker using various scenarios), we were brought back together to fill in an availability note and then sent on our way.

Interview Questions
  • There were not any questions as such. The challenge was how to work with the people in your group. I was put with someone who wasn't interested in the slightest and kept pulling his phone out, even when we were making the group presentations. As long as you make the effort, you'll be fine.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Emeryville, CA) in Jun 2016

Interview

Simple. First had a phone interview with someone from HR and then had a on-site interview with a team lead. The person i met with was very nice and friendly. We talked a little bit about our personal lives before getting into the interview. The questions were easy to answer nothing about the business all about me and how i would handle situations or about previous work experience. I am still waiting to hear back on an offer pending a background check.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had a conflict with another coworker and how did you handle this issue?
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Las Vegas, NV) in Jun 2016

Interview

The interview was over the phone and was only about 15 mins long. The lady I spoke to was very nice and asked the same questions that I saw online. Therefore I already had an answer ready.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Burlington, ON) in Feb 2016

Interview

It was a phone interview and then a group interview it all took place in about 3 weeks time from when I sent in my application online the phone interview was a total surprise and I had no time to prepare and the group interview they tried to get everyone to speak but you really need to make an effort

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Brisbane) in Feb 2016

Interview

Unprofessional HR, looking for a drone...if you show signs of intelligence...forget it, at the group meeting have fun but don't stand out too much, the people doing the interview have no idea and if your smarter then them they feel threatened. And the excuse i got was that i wouldn't be suited, i work with multi-million projects and dealings with the community but they think i can't tell customers that the chair section is over there...hahahha what a joke

Interview Questions
  • typical interview questions. if you have not sales before.....FORGET IT

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Brooklyn, NY)

Interview

Its going to most likely be a panel interview , if you get lucky you may get a one on one. Firstly they will put you in a room with with desk and 4 seatsIts going to most likely be a panel interview , if you get lucky you may get a one on one. Firstly they will put you in a room with with desk and 4 seatsIts going to most likely be a panel interview , if you get lucky you may get a one on one. Firstly they will put you in a room with with desk and 4 seatsIts going to most likely be a panel interview , if you get lucky you may get a one on one. Firstly they will put you in a room with with desk and 4 seats

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at IKEA (Burlington, ON)

Interview

- Group Interview - quick, interviewers were easy going, friendly - situation based questions The interviewers really made you want to work for Ikea. Both have been with the company for more than 10 years and shown they were passionate about their job.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you made a mistake and how did you learn from it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Interviews