IKEA Ikea Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IKEA Ikea Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at IKEA

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

They sent me an email the day after I applied to schedule a phone interview. Thank God for Glassdoor to prep me for some questions. Most of the questions already are on here. He asked me 4-5 questions and scheduled an in-person interview for the next day! The process was fast and easy. Will update this after the 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment, and why?   Answer Question
  • Everyone makes mistakes. What is something you wish you would have done better or differently?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Ikea Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

The interview was very simple. I applied online, about a few days laster i received a call from their hiring company to schedule a phone interview. I took the phone interview and then was asked to do a background check and come in for a face to face interview. I did and i met with the team lead. After that they asked me to come in for a second interview with the manager. when i arrived they said i gave me the offer and paperwork to sign.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about a time where you went beyond to help a customer?
      Tell me how you would deal with an angry customer?
      are you team player?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Emeryville, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple. First had a phone interview with someone from HR and then had a on-site interview with a team lead. The person i met with was very nice and friendly. We talked a little bit about our personal lives before getting into the interview. The questions were easy to answer nothing about the business all about me and how i would handle situations or about previous work experience. I am still waiting to hear back on an offer pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with another coworker and how did you handle this issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and was only about 15 mins long. The lady I spoke to was very nice and asked the same questions that I saw online. Therefore I already had an answer ready.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Its going to most likely be a panel interview , if you get lucky you may get a one on one. Firstly they will put you in a room with with desk and 4 seatsIts going to most likely be a panel interview , if you get lucky you may get a one on one. Firstly they will put you in a room with with desk and 4 seatsIts going to most likely be a panel interview , if you get lucky you may get a one on one. Firstly they will put you in a room with with desk and 4 seatsIts going to most likely be a panel interview , if you get lucky you may get a one on one. Firstly they will put you in a room with with desk and 4 seats

Ikea Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

The interview was very quick. I met one on one with the hiring manager. They asked very basic, normal question like, "when were you in a stressful situation and how did you handle it," blah blah. About a week or so after the interview, I got called back in to take the drug test, which is mouth swab and can only detect drugs used with the last 7 days.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Bloomington, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes to 1 hour. I was interviewed by two different lead managers from the front end cashiers. They were very interested in getting to know you and asked basic questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There were A LOT of steps in this interview process, the questions were mostly easy to answer (since i was being myself) but then again...phone screen, group interview, 1:1, background check all that for a cashier job...lol i can't believe that some places have the on spot hiring process compared to this. I would mark it under "Difficult" but then again the staff and such were friendly all along the way and the questions weren't out of the blue so i'd say "Average"

Interview Questions

• General questions about personality mostly and what do you expect questions.   Answer Question

Ikea Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I had one phone interview and two in person interviews. The Human Resources department was very friendly and the questions were pretty straight forward. Overall, it was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IKEA (West Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I got to talk with two friendly managers for around 45 minutes. They introduced themselves and told me what they did at IKEA and then talked about their personal lives so I got to know more about them. It was just like having a nice conversation with friends and we all laughed a lot during the interview. They mostly asked questions that would just allow them to get to me better instead of the usual interview questions. After that they told it would be a week before I should expect to get an email from them letting me if they be moving forward with hiring me or not. And that it would take around 37 days to process everything before I would start working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is your favorite color? Why?
      What is your favorite room in your home and why?   Answer Question