IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

204 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was one that was conducted online. You have one minute to answer a question which is recorded. There were about 5-8 basic interview questions. From there I was selected to have a phone interview with a person from corporate. She explained the job and duties. Then she asked a few more basic interview questions such as explain your proudest moment. Tell me about a time where you made an error and how you corrected it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your proudest moment.
      Tell me about a time you made an error and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Home Delivery Desk Co Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

You will be called to set up a time for the interview. Then, in the interview, you'll be asked some basic interviews question.

If you get the job, you'll be called back. If not, you'll get an email.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. Basically they asked the same questions every company ask. Pretty straight forward asked about my previous job history and what I except from the company. I'm currently waiting on my background check to come back and hopefully I am offered a position.

Interview Questions

Interview

Didn't actually get an interview - however they at least sent an email acknowledging my application and invited me to a meet and greet a few weeks later. Disappointing, I hoped to at least make it to the next stage.

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA in April 2017.

Interview

The process was really lengthy, taking 2 months from when I applied to finding out. After the application I assumed I'd just been unsuccessful it was so long before I heard anything. However I was invited to a group interview, which was friendly and informal. We were split into groups and then had to assess one of the room settings. After the group stage we were all asked to submit 2 practical tasks - 1 VM task and 1 interior design. The tasks were really interesting, but it did feel a little strange that they would ask everyone to do them instead of whittling down the applicants beforehand. I was then asked to a final interview which was with the department manager and their manager. It was chatty and friendly, they took the time to really look at my portfolio which was great.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

It was ok. Signed up and filled an application and my resume was submitted. Day later I received a confirmation . 2 days later I got an email for phone interview. Set up time

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I interviewed with a total of 5 people over 3 rounds of interviews for the role of HR Manager. The interviews were conversational, and focused less on accomplishments and more on cultural fit. Be prepared to talk about industry trends, national competitiveness, and long-term strategies at this level. They seem like a fun, warm company to work for.

Two irks:
    1. For a company that champions diversity, every person I interviewed with was a white male, made me concerned diversity was championed, but not at the management level. I'll be curious to see who they hired.

2. They took almost 4 weeks after the final round of interviews to respond about it I got the job or not. Most companies I've interviewed with, once you complete final rounds, they let you know one way or the other within the next week.

Interview Questions

• How do you think the role of HR in business will change over the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Conshohocken, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied and someone reached out to me immediately to set up an interview and gave me ONE time that she had available that week. I rearranged my schedule to make it work. At the last minute, my boss in my current role scheduled me for a meeting during that time. Unfortunately, the job I have now takes precedence over an interview for a new job. I emailed asking to reschedule and the Recruiting lead did not respond with another time. I had to email her again to ask to reschedule and was again given ONE time in the next week that she was available to talk. I again rearranged my very busy schedule to accommodate. I was sitting with my phone in my hand when I saw a missed call pop up (I'm not sure how or why). I immediately returned her call and left her a message while she was leaving me a VERY RUDE message. She told me "I'm busy and won't be able to talk to you. Sorry." NOT professional behavior for someone who leads recruiting and absolutely not someone I'd ever like to work for. Its a shame because I have 20 years of recruiting experience and was very excited about the opportunity to join such an amazing company. She completely ruined my entire perception of IKEA at this point. Shame.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

i arrived 15 minutes earlier than my scheduled interview, and waited 20-30 minutes to be interviewed, but when the interview ended i was informed the call back would take a whole week, yet when i got home i got an email response saying they were expecting me for my scheduled interview and went on to other candidates . i don't know if office management forgot i showed up early or if it was a mass email they send out, but if they forgot i showed up early, then I'm afraid to have a job at this company if management is easily this forgetful

Interview Questions

• how did i face a situation without a manager's approval?   1 Answer

Food Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

This is the second interview I have had in a month. I still haven't heard from IKEA yet. I had an interview on August 23.the lady told me that it was a full time position. She told me since I was going to school I would have to wait until mid October to reapply for the part time position.