IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview was easy and in a very friendly environment. was 1:1 interview but ant the end HR manager joined and asked a couple of questions as well. Again got a call from them and had a second interview and got my offer letter and drug test at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you took the lead.   2 Answers

IFS Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR Generalist, this consisted of a detailed run of my resume and background that relates to the position. A few days later a face to face interview with HR and Operations manager with questions related to business acumen and general leadership skills, a week later it was followed by a phone interview with country food operations manager which consisted of more in-depth people skills and operations knowledge. And finally a face to face with Store Manager where we pretty much exchanged life stories and focused on who I was as a leader.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about P&L and how do you use it in a business?   Answer Question

Prep and Flow Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Draper, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process follows the 5 Star format with tell me about a time when. Both interviews were over the phone. First interview with Department Manager, then second interview with HR and actual manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you deal with conflict.   1 Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA in April 2017.

Interview

The process was really lengthy, taking 2 months from when I applied to finding out. After the application I assumed I'd just been unsuccessful it was so long before I heard anything. However I was invited to a group interview, which was friendly and informal. We were split into groups and then had to assess one of the room settings. After the group stage we were all asked to submit 2 practical tasks - 1 VM task and 1 interior design. The tasks were really interesting, but it did feel a little strange that they would ask everyone to do them instead of whittling down the applicants beforehand. I was then asked to a final interview which was with the department manager and their manager. It was chatty and friendly, they took the time to really look at my portfolio which was great.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

It was ok. Signed up and filled an application and my resume was submitted. Day later I received a confirmation . 2 days later I got an email for phone interview. Set up time

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I interviewed with a total of 5 people over 3 rounds of interviews for the role of HR Manager. The interviews were conversational, and focused less on accomplishments and more on cultural fit. Be prepared to talk about industry trends, national competitiveness, and long-term strategies at this level. They seem like a fun, warm company to work for.

Two irks:
    1. For a company that champions diversity, every person I interviewed with was a white male, made me concerned diversity was championed, but not at the management level. I'll be curious to see who they hired.

2. They took almost 4 weeks after the final round of interviews to respond about it I got the job or not. Most companies I've interviewed with, once you complete final rounds, they let you know one way or the other within the next week.

Interview Questions

• How do you think the role of HR in business will change over the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Goods Flow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day about scheduling an interview two days later i was a hour early (9am) waiting in the reception area of the workers entrance . i dressed casually, slacks, white button up a green v-neck sweater and a black tie , i was confident. since i was the first one to show up three other people came 10 am i was the first to be interviewed. it was a 1 on 1 process in a small quaint room and the woman was really nice. it was literally fifteen minutes and she offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were put in a leadership role   1 Answer
    • name a time when you failed at something   1 Answer

Safety & Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA in March 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, Received an email from a reciter asking for a phone interview, completed the phone interview and was invited to come into an in-person interview. I was told that I would hear back within the next week. I waited and did not received a phone call. I had already had another offer on the table and at the end of the week after i accepted it. Two weeks later I received a phone call after trying to follow up twice with no answer informing me I got the job, I told IKEA it accepted another position and they were very disrespectful to me stating that I picked them first even though they did not follow through on their own expectations. Needless to say IKEA doesn't like it when you chose another employer and they'll let you know it.

Interview Questions

• What was your last position and how much did you make?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Asked basic questions about who you are and tell us a little about yourself; applied via college career site and got a bid for an interview. Met for the first time in their distribution center in Westampton, NJ and greeted by a couple managers.

Returns Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Portland, OR).

Interview

A phone interview, and then one in person. Both of the people I interviewed with were very nice and gave me time to answer the questions. I felt relaxed in the interview.