IKEA Recovery Co-Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IKEA Recovery Co-Worker Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I received an email letting me know that I should prepare for a phone interview/screen. Second, the phone call consisted of a call center employee asking me scripted questions about previous employment experiences. Third, I had a one on one interview with the department manager with more scripted questions, but she was very friendly and personable. Fourth, an online background check and a lot of waiting. Fifth, a drug test then training begins.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to work as a team. Most questions were along this line.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

The manager had me walks through the entire departments office with him, explaining each and every little detail about the job for which I had applied before taking me back to the little interview room. Once back in the interview room, he gave me a copy of the job description and had me run over the quick points he covered in the walk through, he then asked if I was sure that I still wanted the job. An offer was made very shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to work in a warehouse position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they responded to me with a call on my cellphone that gave me a phone interview with one of the head HR persons for the Ikea of my region. I gave my responses and they transfer to a in person interview with the manager and HR person for the Ikea I applied for after that I sat down with them and they interviewed me then soon after they called me back and had me do a drug test and background check and soon after I was hired after that.

Interview Questions

• How often do you build furniture?
      How are you under pressure?
      How do you deal with angry customers?
      Why did you want to work for Ikea?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

They emailed me about a week after I applied giving me a date and time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about five minutes. A week after that I got a call for an in person interview with an HR person and the department manager. I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have a set pay for every department.

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Bolingbrook, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring can take a while because your online application needs to go through the central office before it reaches the hiring manager. If you know someone who works there already, it's a good idea to network your way in faster, managers can pick someone specific instead of relying on the office's recommendations.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work on a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Canton, MI) in December 2011.

Interview

I was asked a lot of IKEA values questions. Basically if you answer the question with the same ikea value mentioned in the question, your golden. They love it if you know the ikea values and all that stuff. Most managers avoid those questions because they know that you can just recite the ikea hand book to them. My interview went really well. I didnt get the position because someone already in the recovery department wanted the position.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

I came in when they had a hiring event and was part of a group interview. When the person in charge of the group interview asked what everyone wanted to do at IKEA, all the people who said "I don't know" or "Anything" were told they could leave and would get a call if any positions opened up. Of the people that were sent home, I know 2 who got called back and worked at the register.

I told the interviewer that I wanted to build furniture and like working with my hands. She then sent me to another room to interview with an HR co-worker. After I passed that interview, she told me that the Recovery Manager will call me to schedule another interview.

About a week later, I came to interview with the department manager. After that I went downstairs to do skills test in which I was timed and observed. I built a book shelf, a chair, and drawer unit.

A week after that, they called me in for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies/what do you like to do in your spare time   Answer Question
    • What course of action would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my second job, so negotiating wasn't really on the top of my list. Note that IKEA is VERY stubborn about their raises, they are almost non negotiable.

Recovery Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Small online application, phone interview, group interview. The goal was entirely to figure out your work history and understand your customer service experience. The group interview was to see how good you were in a social situation. One person interviewed while a second wrote down notes. There were three people being interviewed.