IKEA Sales Co-Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IKEA Sales Co-Worker Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Miami, FL).

Interview

The process does take a few weeks. You must see two managers and have a background check. Drug test as well. They are very friendly and help you along the process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKEA in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later through email to schedule the first interview which was over the phone. It consisted of the representative telling me about the job and asking a few scenerio situations questions. Nothing too crazy, and by the end of the interview I was asked to schedule the next interview which is a one on one with the department manager of the store I applied to.

My interview day comes and when I arrive, I'm told my interviewer was running late. Which was no big problem, I was a little early anyway and life happens. So in the mean time HR takes me down to the sales floor and instructs me to just walk around until my interviewer arrives. Again, no big problem. Figured I'd take that time to familiarize myself, do some window shopping and also knock out some cardio for the day.

Almost two hours go by before I finally meet my interviewer. The interview lasted about 10 minutes, not difficult. A bunch of scenerio situation questions that were read word for word off of a fill in sheet. Asked when I could expect to hear back, and was told the position is looking to be filled as soon as possible. And that she will be calling everyone by the next week to let them know the outcome either way.

A week and a couple days go by that I don't hear anything so I call the store and speak with HR. They tell me the position is still available and that the department manager will be giving call backs soon. Cool, waited two weeks and emailed inquiring about the position's status. Department manager calls me a couple nights later and tells me the position is still available, she has one more interview and will call me back in two days to let me know her decision either way.

It's now been two months later. By no means am I still waiting on her call LOL. So if you are in need of a job asap, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. I'm not sure if my experience was a fluke or if this is protocol but please Ikea, don't keep telling ppl you will call them if you have no intent. Quite unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Draper, UT).

Interview

The hiring process took about a month, they move very slowly. You will either have a phone interview or an on sight first interview. If they call you back for a second, its usually to make an offer. The questions are all based on the company values to make sure you are a "values fit".

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you inspired someone to change their opinion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Emeryville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Kind of long. I went to a job fair and it took about a month to actually start. I had 3 different interviews with 3 different people. 1 of which is now my manager , they were all nice except the first guy who was kind of a poker face. But none the less he apparently liked me so I can't complain. I took a drug test and background test.

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Carson, CA).

Interview

PHONE INTERVIEW
    FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW
    THEN HIRED
    It took four weeks
    I literally looked up generic interview questions and practiced answering them and thats all it took.
    smile a lot be confident and ASK QUESTIONS!
    Ask about red peaks days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied on line and after two weeks, I was contacted to set up a phone interview. During my phone interview, I was asked basic situational questions like how I handled certain things in the past. It lasted about ten mins and I was told I would hear back in 3-5 days either way.

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about an hour to answer all of the managers questions. The manager referenced my experience listed on my resume heavily and asked how it applied to the position I applied for. The manager then asked me what my favorite room in the house is and why. The manager also asked what I knew about Ikea and why I wanted to join the team.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't anticipating the question about which room was my favorite. It did throw me a little off guard because it was something I've never really thought about before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate because they already pay a larger amount than most post time positions do so I was afraid to push it and risk not getting the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick. I sent my resume on Sunday, got a call on Monday, to come in on Friday. At IKEA the department managers hire for their departments. Very friendly interview, usual questions, but it was nice to see how much the interviewer enjoyed their job. The frustrating part for me was they had 8 other interviews scheduled for this position, they said a decision would come within 10 days. I'm hoping I get an offer. IKEA is a great company with great benefits.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with others to achieve a goal and what was your role?   1 Answer

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

You will wait forever before hearing anything. Eventually someone will contact you and do a short phone interview where they get a feel for your personality and experience. If they feel you are a good fit for IKEA someone from the store you applied to will contact you for an interview on site. Sometimes this is a group interview and sometimes it is one-one. They ask about experience you have had working with customers and solving problems and pose some hypothetical scenarios to gauge your responses.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a coworker who was different from you and how this affected your work.   1 Answer

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

It was a group interview and it was fairly easy. The HR woman was very nice and asked simple questions about the company. She also made us pick an item out of a bag and we had to figure out what it was and then present it to the group which I thought was fun.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about IKEA?   1 Answer