IKEA Coworker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.4

Self Serve Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call a couple days later for a phone interview. Went to meet and greet. Got called next day for in person interview with manager. Great experience.

Furniture Pick-Up Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Centennial, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for a furniture pick-up position online and received a call within a couple weeks, but when I came in the interviewer didn't know what that position was and instead asked if we could proceed with an IKEA Food position interview. I hesitated heavily, because I actively try to avoid food service, but agreed for the sake of getting my foot in the door and given my life situation at the time. I filled out a quick form in the reception room and then was taken to a cozy interview room furnished with various IKEA furniture. We sat across from each other and they proceeded to read questions off a form they were to write my answers on. I made a lot of small talk and even expressed my love for the company and its slogan and values. It went really well, we talked about my past experience and then I was offered to come in for a second interview.

When I got the call for the second interview, I came in to receive a job offer. Took my oral drug test on the spot and filled out any applicable paperwork and did some information verification over the phone as well. After that, I was all set for orientation! Happy with the process, disappointed at how the position was swapped behind my back, but I'll survive.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with others?   1 Answer

Returns Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merriam, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Merriam, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

Multi-step hiring process. Phone interview, face-to-face interview, drug test, official offer of position, and a back ground check. The interview was casual because every employee even managers wear jeans and the IKEA yellow shirts. This in itself keeps the interview at a chill level.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with irate customers?   1 Answer

Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

My supervisor had a check list he was working with and also had a fair amount of open ended questions so that he could assess who I really was outside of the minimum required to fill out for his paperwork. He listened, was pleasant, open minded, fair, and agreeable to work with.

Interview Questions

• What do I consider to be my weakest point as employee?   1 Answer

Resolutions Coworker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA in August 2015.

Interview

I was already employed at the store in the returns department and I had been taking initiative in adjacent departments and doing more then what was required of me because of a desire to move up and on. The interview was very informative and in depth. The manager was very interested in what I had to say and what I was willing to bring to the department. The job is not a particularly favorable one and is often considered one of the hardest in the store but I wanted it anyways.

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

There first was a 20 minute phone interview. Asked basic questions. Wasnt from the direct store, a third party call center. By the end of the call you'll either receive a in store interview date or a "thanks for appling". After receiving my in store interview date two days later, I had my first interview with the team lead of the department. Followed by the manager of the department.( two interviews in one day) Two days later I came in for a drug test, few days later I received a offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IKEA?   1 Answer

Home Delivery Coworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Carson, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line and received a call a week later from a recruiter. She asked me several behavioral questions involving my previous job experience. The recruiter liked me and gave me a date for an interview. The recruiter emailed me my appointment information and the email said that the hiring manager would provide a copy of my application.

I was interviewed by two managers. I was asked if I brought a copy of my application. I replied the recruiter's email said that they were to provide a copy. I showed them the email but the two hiring managers did not seem to believe me. They said HR always forgets to email a copy to interviewees.

I was asked more behavioral questions. One question asked if "I enjoyed not working?" I responded that I did not and one of the hiring managers replied that even he did not like to show up to work at times and would rather be playing his xbox FIFA game.

Once the interview was over I was asked to fill out a paper application because I did not bring a copy with me.

Returns and Exchanges Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Email from human resources, call from human resources scheduling an interview and asking about 5 questions about yourself, situational, and previous work experience. Phone and in person interviewers were so down to earth and easy to talk to and helped you answer the question if you stumbled, made it more clear and comfortable. First interview was very typical with one person asking in his terms cheesy corny questions, like ten or more there were a lot of questions and then you agree to take a drug test. Second interview was two people who are both managers. Didn't get hired for the job I applied to but was referred to a different job making less money.

Interview Questions

• What I learned from someone I worked with who was different from me   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I first applied for the Carts Coworker position online when I saw the listing posted. I heard back from them soon about an interview over the phone. After a quick and easy phone interview of about 15 minutes I received an email inquiring about an in-person interview. That was the first interview that was in-person and it took about an hour. I was with another candidate and we were required to fill out a similar application form to the one online. After we were engaged in a fun and short exercise where the candidates learned and talked about each other. The managers then took us separately and interviewed us asking some questions. A couple weeks later a background check was done and that's when they called for a second in-person interview. In my case I was recommended for the cashier position instead of the carts position. The second interview interview was to finish up some additional questions as well as submit a drug test and fill out an official hour sheet. Overall the interview process took a while (about a month or so), but it was pretty smooth and not the most difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for IKEA? Explain a time where you had to provide customer service. Have you ever had to work with employees of a different culture?   1 Answer

Quality Responsible Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very laid-back. Conversational in manner. Definitely inviting. The interviews at IKEA seem to be more to get a feel for the person being hired, personality-wise, since there's pretty much no way you'll already know how to do the job. They're looking to see if you're trainable and ok to work with.