IKEA Coworker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.4

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Children's Play Area Coworker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was done by the leader of the area I would be working in. They were very polite, professional, and well-spoken. Be prepared to show how you handle a fast-paced environment, work with a team, and how you are with people (customers and coworkers).

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • If we asked your current employer what your strengths are, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • If we asked your current employer what your weaknesses are, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you dealt with confrontation, whether from a client or a coworker, and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for IKEA?   Answer Question
    • What do you enjoy about working with children?   Answer Question

Sales Coworker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA in November 2017.

Interview

national hiring day. took awhile to get through everyone. i waited for 3.5 hours, but i know some people waited longer. had you check in and then they would put you in the queue to be called in for an interview. said they’d get back to me within the week.

Loyalty Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

I sent in my application about 4 months ago and finally received a response and they asked for a phone interview which was very easy and pleasant. I had initially applied for the sales and service position but they reviewed my past experience and told me about a new position that dealt with essentially babysitting kids. The interview went smoothly and got asked to go in for a 1 on 1 interview and was then asked a few days later to come back again for a 2nd 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to IKEA/ why are you interested in this position?
      What makes you a good candidate for this position?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Tell me about a time there was an issue that required you to solve.
      Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Active Selling Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

I attended the national hiring event after applying online. The interview was friendly and reasonable, but I had to wait in line for 4.5 hours to do a group interview.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Draper, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter online, and within the day I got a call from the hiring manager. We set up an interview for 2 days later. The interview went well, she said that I would receive an email about completing a background check, and that once that was done, they would schedule a second interview where they would make an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Process was broken into 3 parts: Phone Interview, Face-to-Face, then a meeting with HR. Took a while between steps but I don't think that's the standard at all stores. Super easy going process.

Self Serve Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call a couple days later for a phone interview. Went to meet and greet. Got called next day for in person interview with manager. Great experience.

Furniture Pick-Up Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Centennial, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for a furniture pick-up position online and received a call within a couple weeks, but when I came in the interviewer didn't know what that position was and instead asked if we could proceed with an IKEA Food position interview. I hesitated heavily, because I actively try to avoid food service, but agreed for the sake of getting my foot in the door and given my life situation at the time. I filled out a quick form in the reception room and then was taken to a cozy interview room furnished with various IKEA furniture. We sat across from each other and they proceeded to read questions off a form they were to write my answers on. I made a lot of small talk and even expressed my love for the company and its slogan and values. It went really well, we talked about my past experience and then I was offered to come in for a second interview.

When I got the call for the second interview, I came in to receive a job offer. Took my oral drug test on the spot and filled out any applicable paperwork and did some information verification over the phone as well. After that, I was all set for orientation! Happy with the process, disappointed at how the position was swapped behind my back, but I'll survive.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with others?   1 Answer

Returns Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merriam, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Merriam, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

Multi-step hiring process. Phone interview, face-to-face interview, drug test, official offer of position, and a back ground check. The interview was casual because every employee even managers wear jeans and the IKEA yellow shirts. This in itself keeps the interview at a chill level.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with irate customers?   1 Answer

Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

My supervisor had a check list he was working with and also had a fair amount of open ended questions so that he could assess who I really was outside of the minimum required to fill out for his paperwork. He listened, was pleasant, open minded, fair, and agreeable to work with.

Interview Questions

• What do I consider to be my weakest point as employee?   1 Answer