IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview was easy and in a very friendly environment. was 1:1 interview but ant the end HR manager joined and asked a couple of questions as well. Again got a call from them and had a second interview and got my offer letter and drug test at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you took the lead.   2 Answers

Inbound Flow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

All on phone due to location

Interview Questions

• What do you do when team lead calls in sick and he/she concerned about completing operation successfully that day.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I was ready for this to be slow - after reading the reviews here - but I was surprised that exactly one month after submitting my CV and cover letter online (and fully according to procedure) I still have not heard a peep from anyone at IKEA.

Knowing (from glassdoor) that the average wait for the first phone call is two weeks, I waited three weeks before following up. By the way, IKEA makes doing so difficult but not impossible. When I finally reached exactly the right person, I left a friendly and detailed message on his voice mail - including the position, store, candidate number assigned to my submission, the name of the well-regarded, manager-level "co-worker" who nominated me - and my phone number, of course. Despite the outgoing message on the recruiter's voicemail promising to return all calls - a week later I still haven't heard anything, despite a strong resume.

As a customer, I have a very high regard for IKEA. But, I am beginning to suspect they end up hiring the weaker candidates - those who are left over after other employers (with a more aggressive recruitment system) have attracted and hired the best.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

After receiving an e-mail of interest from their recruiting department on the East Coast, I called and left a message with the recruiter, who was prompt in returning my call.
    The phone interview was short and asked "Why IKEA?" and several behavioral questions, along the lines of "give an example of when you were in a leadership position and things didn't go well," "... an example of when you had to work with people who were different than you," "... an example of when you had to work alone and what was the outcome."

Interview Questions

• Experience with AutoCAD is required to be a visual merchandiser in the Marketplace at IKEA.   Answer Question

Designer Co-worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA in February 2013.

Interview

filled an application online and got a phone call next day. I called back and the person from recruitment department asked me all the typical competency based interview questions: "have you ever worked with a person who was different from you(ethics, religion, race) - how did you overcome differences?", "have you ever gone above and beyond in your previous job? give specifics" very stressful and fast paced - in the e-mail it said up to 15 min. phone call - nothing about this kind of interview. Well, I wasn't prepared for "grilling" and shouldn't have called back right away. I should have taken time to prepare. At the end he told me they will contact me within 10 days - 2 weeks. After exactly 2 weeks I got an e-mail with an invitation to a "personal interview". I'm going next week - will update.

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked with a person who was different from you(ethics, religion, race) - how did you overcome differences?   Answer Question

Logs Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

online, phone and in person with several people

pay

Co-worker- Sales Floor Interview

Interview

The interview process was easy. First I applied online, and few days later got an email from the HR and we picked a day for the phone interview. Then if they like you, you will go on for the next interview with the manager in the department you will be working in and the sales manager in the store. After one week, you will get to know if you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• It bascially all behavioral questions, mostly related to customer experience.   Answer Question

Interview

it was 30 mins interview. mostly behavioral questions

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Carson, CA).

Interview

I filled out application online and a few days later I recieved a phone call from outside state. They left a message. I called back and the interview answered and proceeded with the interview. It was rather quick. He said he would forward my answer to the store manager in 7 to 10 days

Cashier Interview

Interview

applied online, received an email, went in for an interview, was hired on the spot.

3D-artist Interview

Interview

Since part of the IKEA sphere, first line of recruitment is made internally. Secondly comes the public hiring, which is strictly competence based (CVs, portfolios etc.).

Interview Questions

• Started out as an intern, so I never did a job interview at this location.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short talk on salary. Nothing else.