IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview was easy and in a very friendly environment. was 1:1 interview but ant the end HR manager joined and asked a couple of questions as well. Again got a call from them and had a second interview and got my offer letter and drug test at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you took the lead.   2 Answers

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Quite a long process. I applied online and received an email about 2/3 weeks later so say I had a phone interview the next day. After the phone interview I was asked to go into the store for an interview with the department manager, it was super friendly and laid back, although some of the questions were unusual. After my second interview I was told I would get a call if I passed to come in for a 'grandfather interview' with someone higher up. I got a call about a day or so after and went in that weekend. It only took about 20 minutes, more of an informal chat to ask about availability etc. They said they would call either way to give me feedback/tell me I had got the job. They called 4 days later to say I had got the job, and that the induction is at the end of next month. Everyone I interviewed with was amazingly friendly, the only downside is how long the whole process takes.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite room in your house and why?   Answer Question
    • If your best friend had to describe you in three words what would they be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Process was very painless. I applied and was contacted for a phone interview the same day. Very basic, wwyd, tell me a time when...questions. Scheduled an in-person interview shortly after that. My interviewer was really nice and it was the most comfortable, laid-back interview I've ever had. We just talked about what I had done previously and why Ikea.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Ikea FOOD Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a short interview at a job fair where I was first screen by an HR person then had a 10 minute sit down with a manager.

The second round was a more through interview with one of the head Ikea Food managers.

Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone screening, where they ask values base questions, then two face to face interviews where they go over your resume and final a drug test at the job offer. You got to past two background checks as well

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very similar to other jobs. I often hear about phone interviews but I did a face to face interview and got hired on the spot. The hiring process takes a while. After you get hired you'll have to complete and drug screening and background check. Once those are complete you will come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at IKEA?   1 Answer

Returns Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Hiring process took a long time, but once the interview was scheduled it was pretty straightforward and the managers were really friendly. They made me feel comfortable and informed me that there are opportunities to grow. I first went in for an initial interview and then was called in for a formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical retail questions, but really emphasized on my previous work experience to see how it could be applied to the job.   Answer Question

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Group Interview with 3 stages:
    Presenting and selling a product. Every group is given a product and you have describe how you would sell it, compliment it and what price you would set.
    Looking at a pre-built room and estimating what type of people would it be suitable for. Essentially, they give you a picture of a room and you have to guess along with your group, the age, marital status and occupation of the hosts.
    Finally a one on one interview which was very relaxed and casual.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work for IKEA?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

One group interview, that seemed to gage your personality and attitude more than your actual resume.
    If you were called back for the next round, you had a face to face interview where they asked you more job related questions

Interview Questions

• Safety, Productivity, Quality. Put these in order of importance to you.   1 Answer

Leader/Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IKEA (Milan (Italy)) in April 2017.

Interview

Phase 1 consisted in a junior HR asking a long list of questions on attitude and team building, people management. Questions were referred to the original position I had applied for. 1 week or so later got invited for Phase 2 to an assessment Center for different but related positions. In the meantime I went through online tests to profile candidates (attitude, logic and math skills, devisions making, personality) - overall difficult but interesting.
    The assessment center abroad should have consisted in group exercises and interviews (business case, presentation, formal aptidude itw). My session was smaller than planned and ended up being quite confusing. Mostly individual exercises, not really related to the position, with interviewers observig you during the whole morning. The day was closed with a short debrief with recruiters (ikea manager and external hr) where i could ask some questions. A month later after multiple calls to ask for feedback, i got told i wasn't taken to the next level. Then had a 20 min feedback session with one of the revruiters on the phone on how the tests went, my strong points and my areas of improvement.

One thing I understood is the importance of considering team building in an oranisation based on consensus, not on speed and individual decision making,

No test at all of technical knowledge, subject matter knowledge.

Overall very interesting process, i learned a lot, but very lengthy and not well organised due to the big size of recruitment project.

Interview Questions

• Example of how you deal with underperforming colleagues?   Answer Question
    • Example of a difficult project you led. How you managed, challenges, outcome?   Answer Question
    • Analyse performance of a shop in 1 hour including presentation to management   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

i got a phone interview first and then a call back. i went in for a interview with the department head and another one with the department manager. i got a call later i had been hired