IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.6

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Draper, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter online, and within the day I got a call from the hiring manager. We set up an interview for 2 days later. The interview went well, she said that I would receive an email about completing a background check, and that once that was done, they would schedule a second interview where they would make an offer.

Bistro Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Bolingbrook, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I first applied online and received an email back within a week asking for a phone interview. The phone interview went very well, they wanted to get a sense of my personality more than anything, questions were not that difficult, standard run of the mill. A day later I received an email to schedule a time for an in person interview. upon going to that I met one of my now managers and had a relatively pressure free chat with him. I was given a form to contact a background check company and have them perform a background check. upon contacting them they did not have me in their que, so I called the hiring manger to inquire. He called me back later that night and scheduled me for a second interview. upon going to that I met another one of my managers and he administered a swab drug screen and credit report. I was then contacted by the background check people and the rest is history! It is quite a long process but it is worth it for the rare type of company they are - they care about their employees, treat you very well, and give you full benefits and two retirement funds. I find even the most annoying instances at the job do not tarnish my mood knowing I am well taken care of.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews. There is a phone interview that lasted 20 minutes and there's an in person interview that lasted 30 minutes. The phone interview asked the Common interview questions.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. Basically they asked the same questions every company ask. Pretty straight forward asked about my previous job history and what I except from the company. I'm currently waiting on my background check to come back and hopefully I am offered a position.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Process was very painless. I applied and was contacted for a phone interview the same day. Very basic, wwyd, tell me a time when...questions. Scheduled an in-person interview shortly after that. My interviewer was really nice and it was the most comfortable, laid-back interview I've ever had. We just talked about what I had done previously and why Ikea.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Children's Play Area Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Right after a few minutes of finishing up the application, I received a phone interview (basic questions such as, why do you want to work there, name a time you successfully worked individually & in a team, 3 characteristic of a great employee, what type of environment are you comfortable working in). After completing the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in person interview. The manager I interviewed with made me feel really comfortable and also asked pretty basic question. The in person interview was quick , less than 30 minute. About a week later I was called in for a job offer, there they performed a swab drug test. I'll be starting my orientation in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you dealt with difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite room in the house?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in 3 words   Answer Question
    • In your eyes, what characteristics/qualities make a good manager? And why   1 Answer
    • Who motivates you in your life   Answer Question

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Process was broken into 3 parts: Phone Interview, Face-to-Face, then a meeting with HR. Took a while between steps but I don't think that's the standard at all stores. Super easy going process.

Home Delivery Desk Co Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

You will be called to set up a time for the interview. Then, in the interview, you'll be asked some basic interviews question.

If you get the job, you'll be called back. If not, you'll get an email.

Goods Flow Co-worker Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position and got a call within a few days. The manager explained the position and asked me if I'd like to interview. I met up with him and another manager for the first interview. After the interview, I did a background check online to verify work experience and references. Few days after they called me for a 2nd interview in which they offered the position, signed papers, and drug test. My background and drug test passed and I start orientation. The whole process took 2 1/2 weeks, and lots of emails and brief calls with the hiring managers and background check company.

Interview Questions

Interview

Didn't actually get an interview - however they at least sent an email acknowledging my application and invited me to a meet and greet a few weeks later. Disappointing, I hoped to at least make it to the next stage.