IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.6

Web Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Conshohocken, PA).

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person interview at corporate office in Conshohocken, PA. Interviewed with 5 individuals separately from Marketing and HR. Received offer day after in person interview, however, it took close to six weeks to transfer to the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the role of web specialist?
      Describe a situation when you did not meet a goal or deadline.   Answer Question

IFS Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR Generalist, this consisted of a detailed run of my resume and background that relates to the position. A few days later a face to face interview with HR and Operations manager with questions related to business acumen and general leadership skills, a week later it was followed by a phone interview with country food operations manager which consisted of more in-depth people skills and operations knowledge. And finally a face to face with Store Manager where we pretty much exchanged life stories and focused on who I was as a leader.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about P&L and how do you use it in a business?   Answer Question

Self Serve Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call a couple days later for a phone interview. Went to meet and greet. Got called next day for in person interview with manager. Great experience.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Conshohocken, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Standard interview process. Had a phone interview first with my potential boss, then a two hour in person interview with the team and internal partners, then a final in person interview with the Director of the department. There was a bit of a back log getting the offer approved internally, but I received the offer a few weeks following the final interview.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview was easy and in a very friendly environment. was 1:1 interview but ant the end HR manager joined and asked a couple of questions as well. Again got a call from them and had a second interview and got my offer letter and drug test at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you took the lead.   2 Answers

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA in April 2017.

Interview

The process was really lengthy, taking 2 months from when I applied to finding out. After the application I assumed I'd just been unsuccessful it was so long before I heard anything. However I was invited to a group interview, which was friendly and informal. We were split into groups and then had to assess one of the room settings. After the group stage we were all asked to submit 2 practical tasks - 1 VM task and 1 interior design. The tasks were really interesting, but it did feel a little strange that they would ask everyone to do them instead of whittling down the applicants beforehand. I was then asked to a final interview which was with the department manager and their manager. It was chatty and friendly, they took the time to really look at my portfolio which was great.

Prep and Flow Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Draper, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process follows the 5 Star format with tell me about a time when. Both interviews were over the phone. First interview with Department Manager, then second interview with HR and actual manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you deal with conflict.   1 Answer

Returns & Exchanges Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview is the first step and lasts 5-10 min asking basic questions and some experience/scenario questions. If you pass this, they ask for an interview at the store. My 1st interview was done there but since an HR manager was in the building, they were able to do 2nd interview on the spot. After this, a week passed by with no info, then they finally called me a week later to see if I can do a 3rd interview for that same day(they were eager). When I got there I saw an HR manager enter with a drug test and many papers in a folder, so I instantly knew I got the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

It was ok. Signed up and filled an application and my resume was submitted. Day later I received a confirmation . 2 days later I got an email for phone interview. Set up time

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Enthusiastic---I applied online and heard back from Ikea within a week to attend an interview session at a local hotel. The recruiter responded with great enthusiasm and directed me to the merchandising manager.

Interview Questions

• Discussed my recent retirement from FedEx Express (Operations Manager) in which I indicated I was flexible and willing to work at Ikea in any capacity.   1 Answer