IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Ikea Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

They sent me an email the day after I applied to schedule a phone interview. Thank God for Glassdoor to prep me for some questions. Most of the questions already are on here. He asked me 4-5 questions and scheduled an in-person interview for the next day! The process was fast and easy. Will update this after the 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment, and why?   Answer Question
    • Everyone makes mistakes. What is something you wish you would have done better or differently?   Answer Question

In-Store Supply Co Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Memphis, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for IKEA online and within a couple of weeks an HR rep emailed me scheduling a phone interview. The person who called for the interview was very friendly and nice. She answered any questions I had thoroughly. She scheduled me for an in person interview and gave me the contact information for whom I was interviewing with. That really came in handy as I had to call ahead of time and inform them that I was going to be a few minutes late. The lady who interviewed me was also very kind and friendly. She asked your run-of-the-mill interview questions. We also chatted about the company and her relocating to this area. I emphasized IKEA's core values in my answers and I asked a lot of questions, including how soon am I to hear back from them regarding a job offer. She said within the next week. Not even a week later I got a call for a job offer and was scheduled to go in for drug testing/paperwork and my start date.

Carts Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Frisco, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

They are very friendly, apply online first, then they will email you and come in for a physical interview. Takes between 1-2 weeks depending on how smooth your references are going.

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Miami, FL).

Interview

The process does take a few weeks. You must see two managers and have a background check. Drug test as well. They are very friendly and help you along the process

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Was not very formal. Just talked about experiences and skills that were on resume. Was contacted by email and followed up by planning a time to interview. Only met with one person lasted close to
    An hour. Did not ask many technical questions. The focus of the interview was trying to understand who I was.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online then receive an email from HR asking for a phone interview, they call me after 2days then ask like 5 questions (situational questions) then i passed, ask me to go on-site interview.I thought it was a group interview but its one on one interview with the restaurant manager. I smiled when i saw him and greeted him, he bring me in a small room then he left because he need to get the questionnaire , after 5minutes he came back with 2pages of paper and asked me a bunch of sitautional questions!! Lucky i was reviewing the night before and answer everything confidently.

TIP: always smile and be honest with all the answers. He told me that they were looking mostly how are we going to react with those questions, they looking at your personality not most of the experience but how you answer those questions.

Process takes 2 weeks. Done with background check and drug test and about to start my orientation in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Why you wanna work here?
      What are your expectations from your co-worker?
      What should i expect from you?
      How you handle conflict?
      What is your favorite restaurant?
      Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Memphis, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick and efficient. Interviewer asked important questions that required interviewee to provide specific examples of past experiences. Overall, the interview experience was positive. The manager seemed down-to-earth. She was very enthusiastic about working for the company and eager to sell the benefits of working there.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when you worked with a difficult customer or co-worker. Have you ever had a time where it was difficult to complete a project? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Ikea Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

The interview was very simple. I applied online, about a few days laster i received a call from their hiring company to schedule a phone interview. I took the phone interview and then was asked to do a background check and come in for a face to face interview. I did and i met with the team lead. After that they asked me to come in for a second interview with the manager. when i arrived they said i gave me the offer and paperwork to sign.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about a time where you went beyond to help a customer?
      Tell me how you would deal with an angry customer?
      are you team player?
      1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very informal. I was contacted by email to set up an interview. I interviewed for about an hour and a half with one person. We went over my resume and my experiences within the profession. They asked me what I knew about IKEA and explained the role.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

The associate interviewing me was ten minutes late. Escorted me into a small room with a lamp, table and chairs, then proceeded to ask me questions about my past experience. Also inquired about how I'd handle irate customers, and about my interest in working for IKEA.

At the end she instructed me to wait for the online background documents, telling me she thought I was a great match for the position.

Two days later I received a rejection email.