IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.6

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later asking to do a phone interview with someone from the US office in Pennsylvania. The phone interview didn't happen, but I received an email the next day from the manager at the store asking if I would like to come in for a face to face interview. The interview was an hour long, he asked questions to get to know me as a person and as a future co-worker then took me on a tour of the department I was applying for. A week later, I received a follow-up email asking to come in for a second interview that Friday. I met with a person from HR and was offered the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Asked basic questions about who you are and tell us a little about yourself; applied via college career site and got a bid for an interview. Met for the first time in their distribution center in Westampton, NJ and greeted by a couple managers.

Returns Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Portland, OR).

Interview

A phone interview, and then one in person. Both of the people I interviewed with were very nice and gave me time to answer the questions. I felt relaxed in the interview.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Conshohocken, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied and someone reached out to me immediately to set up an interview and gave me ONE time that she had available that week. I rearranged my schedule to make it work. At the last minute, my boss in my current role scheduled me for a meeting during that time. Unfortunately, the job I have now takes precedence over an interview for a new job. I emailed asking to reschedule and the Recruiting lead did not respond with another time. I had to email her again to ask to reschedule and was again given ONE time in the next week that she was available to talk. I again rearranged my very busy schedule to accommodate. I was sitting with my phone in my hand when I saw a missed call pop up (I'm not sure how or why). I immediately returned her call and left her a message while she was leaving me a VERY RUDE message. She told me "I'm busy and won't be able to talk to you. Sorry." NOT professional behavior for someone who leads recruiting and absolutely not someone I'd ever like to work for. Its a shame because I have 20 years of recruiting experience and was very excited about the opportunity to join such an amazing company. She completely ruined my entire perception of IKEA at this point. Shame.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Renton, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Didn't know they had an interview. place was in shambles. Took a while to find interviewing manager. Two people interviewed me so 2:1 interview asked about 4 questions each. Very basic

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screening to start followed by an in person interview. Background check was completed after first interview. A second interview followed and an offer was extended. Drug screening was performed immediately upon acceptance.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of a rule you broke and why?   1 Answer

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to IKEA, 3 days later I was sent a email to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was about to schedule a face to face interview (Depending on your preference). After I interviewed with the manager I was given a tour around the building then given a quick test. Basically the phone will ring and you have help the customer solve an issue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were a team player   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work for IKEA   1 Answer
    • what is your favorite room in the house   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

i arrived 15 minutes earlier than my scheduled interview, and waited 20-30 minutes to be interviewed, but when the interview ended i was informed the call back would take a whole week, yet when i got home i got an email response saying they were expecting me for my scheduled interview and went on to other candidates . i don't know if office management forgot i showed up early or if it was a mass email they send out, but if they forgot i showed up early, then I'm afraid to have a job at this company if management is easily this forgetful

Interview Questions

• how did i face a situation without a manager's approval?   1 Answer

Food Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview questions were read off a sheet. Mostly behavior questions. Asked if I liked my former bosses. I met with 2 of the managers for restaurant/bistro. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for long because of school. But I would come back if there was a better opportunity there for me now.

Interview Questions

• How were your former bosses   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

Cattle call for nice people. Ask a few questions about your personality and if it you are happy and upbeat. They are polite and very fast with the interview so individual attention is swift. Basically checking to see if you fit the overall 'nice' smile personality for most jobs.