IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.6

Checkout Services Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Bloomington, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from the upper management asking for a call back the next day. I left a message and received another call from the hiring manager to do a phone screen. The hiring manager scheduled an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two team leads. It was an extremely casual interview with plenty of room to inject your own personality and give them a true feel for who you are as a person.

Interview Questions

• What type of person do you not like working with?   Answer Question
    • What are three reasons we should hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond to be successful in a task?   Answer Question

Ikea Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and was only about 15 mins long. The lady I spoke to was very nice and asked the same questions that I saw online. Therefore I already had an answer ready.

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Draper, UT).

Interview

The hiring process took about a month, they move very slowly. You will either have a phone interview or an on sight first interview. If they call you back for a second, its usually to make an offer. The questions are all based on the company values to make sure you are a "values fit".

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you inspired someone to change their opinion.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager and customer services supervisor.
    Very friendly and casual conversation. Each of them will ask several questions. I prepared and practiced some behavior questions which are actually helped.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What is your strength and weakness?
      Answer Question

Returns Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Interview

I filled out an application online on March 30th. I then received an email a week later for an invite to their national meet and greet (job fair) on April 7th the night before. For the meet and greet there was at least 100 people in attendance in the 30 mins I was there. I had a group interview with 3 other people answering general interview questions. That part lasted about 5 minutes and then we were able to leave. I later received a phone call for another interview approximately 3 weeks later. The interview went well and the manager who interviewed me told me to wait for her to call me for a possible job offer. I called her almost everyday after the interview until I got back in contact with her a week and a half later where she asked me to come in the next day. When I came in I was offered the position and immediately took the oral drug test. I am awaiting my background test currently and orientation in 2 weeks.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (College Park, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the Visual merchandising manager. Came in for an in-person interview. In the interview I was asked a series of questions about team practices, problem-conflict resolution, and about what skills I have with power tools. Later I was given ample time to design my own retail display as a way of doing a skills test.

The following two weeks, I received an email to come in for another interview to meet with a logistics team member.

Interview Questions

• Say there is a team member who is very committed to their idea for a project, but you don't agree with it and believe another idea would be better. How would you resolve this opportunity?   1 Answer

Safety & Security Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Received an email from HR to schedule a phone interview about a week after applying.

She called & described the position, starting pay, etc. Checked with my availability & scheduled an in person interview with the safety & security manager.

I sat down with both the safety & security manager and another person who I assume was from HR. They were both very nice. The manager was professional & laid back. He asked a lot of general questions about my work experience while the HR rep seemed to be asking me questions to judge my character & see if I'd fit in.

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Emeryville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Kind of long. I went to a job fair and it took about a month to actually start. I had 3 different interviews with 3 different people. 1 of which is now my manager , they were all nice except the first guy who was kind of a poker face. But none the less he apparently liked me so I can't complain. I took a drug test and background test.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager seemed very nice and interested and said she'd be calling me. A week later, I hadn't heard anything but I received 3 automated emails asking me to fill out a back ground check and I9. Turns out I was entered in the system accidentally by HR and he said someone would be calling me. Haven't heard anything yet. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you did something outside of your job description to assist a customer.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA in May 2016.

Interview

It was a thirty five - minute phonic call interview. Initially person from human resource team asked about salary expectations and then the team manager with one more lady, took the interview. The interview mainly included behavioral questions. The work ethics at the company seems to be fair and good.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer mostly asked behavioral questions including previous job related questions, career goals and situational based questions,   Answer Question