IKEA Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IKEA Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screening to start followed by an in person interview. Background check was completed after first interview. A second interview followed and an offer was extended. Drug screening was performed immediately upon acceptance.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of a rule you broke and why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Met several managers at a meet and greet, then came back the next day for an interview with one manager. There were several interviews occurring at the same time, in one room. My interviewer was quite young and I believe my (older) age had much to do with not being offered a job. All managers/supervisors who were interviewing were fairly young, which may be the culture they are looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for a full time sales position and was contacted for an interview a few weeks later. And by "contacted" I mean the manager happened to see me and wanted to do the interview right then. There was no real planning on his part.

After answering some generic questions, the interview took a sour turn. His demeanor was very pompous and arrogant. Additionally, he made snide remarks about my career aspirations and answers to his questions. I withdrew my application the same day; no job is worth that disrespect.

Interview Questions

• "What are your career goals/do you have any other job besides working at IKEA?"

"If hired when can you begin?"
      1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I went on the website and applied online the application process was pretty easy. Two weeks later I got a call about a hiring event. I went to the hiring event there were around 25 people. They made us partner up and present in front of the group of possible employees and hiring managers. we had to ask are partners questions about why Ikea and about there prior work experience and present the info they gave us. Then we were asked to step out the room so they could deliberate. After that they called us back into the room and split us up in two groups. My group was asked to step outside once again. The people who were left in the room were not considered and basically told why not. after waiting like 30 minutes a manager came out and brought me into a interview room were he began to interview me one on one. He asked personality questions apart from the basic questions this interview was way more intense and caught me off guard. I later waited on the main hiring manager which then brought me to a room where he told me that I had too little experience to be a sales associate they require at least 2 years of prior experince to be considered for the position. so I was gonna be considered for the cashier position. I was told to go back to the waiting room that the cashier manger was going to come to interview me. Her interview was easy going and relaxed the basic questions were asked. She said the Main hiring manager would be the finale judge and if yes i would be emailed the background check information. I left the interview at 4 by 5.30 I had the email. I was there form 12.30pm to 4.00pm

Ps. The same day around 7.00am hours before the event started I was called by headquarters I was interviewed and told that my resume was being fowarded to the location I applied to unknowing that I had already been called in for an interview. So basically expect a phone interview before the actual interview

Interview Questions

• Whats the last thing you read? What was your favorite part? What was the last nice thing you did ? Tell me something nerdy about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

1. Phone interview (X2)
    2. In person interview with the team lead of one area
    3. A second interview with team leader + another shopkeeper : pretty sure there was a drug test ,too
    4. Offered job by shopkeeper because they felt I'd be a better fit for him and because there were more hours available in that department.

Asked a few questions to see if I would fit into the "IKEA culture"

Interview Questions

• "What draws you to IKEA"
      "Describe a time when you had to work with others to solve a problem..."
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Renton, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Two people in the room basic interview questions. Friendly nice asks if you need anything before they start the interview. If you get a 2nd interview YOU GOT THE JOB!!!!

Interview Questions

• Putting yourself in a situation what happened, what did you do to help, what was the out come.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

really wanted to be impressed by your knowledge of the company and there values.

Interview Questions

• how does working at ikea change your life   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Ikea's interview process was both a fun and unique experience. My first interview was a group hiring event where around thirty other applicants and I were taken into a conference room where we were split up between managers in groups of four. We were asked one question, and then each group was given a task to be completed as a team. The task was used to let the managers observe how well each candidate worked in a group with others to reach a common goal. They were able to observe our personalities as well as our communication skills firsthand. Later, they selected some of us to continue to the next step in the hiring process by providing references and information for a background check. After about a week, I was called in for a one on one interview with the manager interested in hiring me onto her team. I had a professional interview with both my manager and her boss, and a week later, I was called in for one last meeting in which I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer, OR tell us about a time when you handled an extremely difficult customer."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ikea is looking for someone who is willing to start building a career through them, so they want to make sure you're comfortable with the hours you choose. Really consider how much time you will have to come to work before you make your decision. If you're going to school or have family obligations, make sure you are very clear with the times you will be available. Ikea is highly supportive of your life outside the workplace, so they want to make sure you can schedule your time wisely.

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Emeryville, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Pretty normal interview. They ask about previous jobs, your work ethic, what you think you can bring to the company, your availability, future plans, and ect. The interview lasts about 20 minutes. Once the first interview is over they typically call within a week for a second interview and make you an offer and a referral to the nearest drug testing facility.

Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IKEA (Stoughton, MA).

Interview

This is my one complaint. The hiring process was so incredibly drawn out. I applied in late March/early April of 2009, was interviewed in May and I didn't start work until June. And this was to semi-urgently fill the vacant position. The interview process itself was decent, you go into a cozy little room decorated and outfitted with Ikea furniture (naturally) the interviewers were friendly, they ask thought-provoking questions, and sometimes you may be asked to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any specific questions. They weren't humdingers like Google has, but they do require you to think.   Answer Question