IKEA Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IKEA Sales Associate Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Met several managers at a meet and greet, then came back the next day for an interview with one manager. There were several interviews occurring at the same time, in one room. My interviewer was quite young and I believe my (older) age had much to do with not being offered a job. All managers/supervisors who were interviewing were fairly young, which may be the culture they are looking for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for a full time sales position and was contacted for an interview a few weeks later. And by "contacted" I mean the manager happened to see me and wanted to do the interview right then. There was no real planning on his part.

After answering some generic questions, the interview took a sour turn. His demeanor was very pompous and arrogant. Additionally, he made snide remarks about my career aspirations and answers to his questions. I withdrew my application the same day; no job is worth that disrespect.

Interview Questions

• "What are your career goals/do you have any other job besides working at IKEA?"

"If hired when can you begin?"
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IKEA (West Covina, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I filled out an application in person and got a call back within a week. I only had one interview but it went well except I was found overqualified and was not hired for fear I would leave for better pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA in June 2009.

Interview

The call was made early in the morning and when I didn't answer they left a message. When I called back later on around noon no one would answer and I mad to leave a message. I would call back every couple days but every time no one would answer. I finally received an email saying the position I applied for was filled.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IKEA (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with floor manager and sat in the office being questioned. I had to wait over 45 minutes to meet with her as she was busy with clients. This was a pre-screening to meet for a second, more formal interview...I haven't received a second call, it was over two weeks ago. It was a very informal meeting. I handed in my resume, described my experience and went on from there, answering questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA in April 2012.

Interview

There was a job fair and I waited over an hour in line for turn to get my interview. The person who interviewed me was really nice and polite. She asked basic interview questions (Why do you want to work here? What motivates you?) which were all printed on a sheet of paper.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something unique about yourself that would be an asset to IKEA   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA in September 2010.

Interview

First there was a telephone interview where they asked about me and my experience/availabilities/why i want to work in IKEA. Then they emailed for a group interview the day after, and there we had to first introduce the person next to us, then in the second part we had to build a box and then sell it to the group observers and then we had a test which was matching products codes to names. And then each of us had a one on one interview which was jus like a normal interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA in November 2009.

Interview

I applied the sales associate position online. After a week they phone me to attend an interview which was quite informal. The manager asked me about five questions. The interview did not go well. And I did not hear from you after the interview.

Interview Questions

• what do you think we should hire you over other applicants?   Answer Question