IKEA Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IKEA Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (West Chester, OH).

Interview

I filled out an online application about a week before I got a call from one of the managers. He asked me to come in for an interview that next day. I went in and filled out another paper application form. I was interviewed by a manager in the bath section who wanted to hire me in his area (keep in mind I have no experience in that area whatsoever). The interview took about an hour, maybe longer including filling out the paper application. He told me he would call me by that next week and that he's planning to hire around memorial day(3 weeks away), but instead I got a call the next day to do some more paperwork and then to start me off in the next couple of days. I took the drug test during my interview as well, it was a saliva drug test, nothing that difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have a saved money for a company you have worked for?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you have had to deal with multiple things at one time   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you have had to do something that you had little or no experience or training in   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (West Chester, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Filled out the application on line. About a week later, I was given a call by one of the managers at Ikea. He asked me to come in for an interview that next day. When I showed up, I was asked to fill out a paper application as well. He called me back and it was the basic interviews questions. I ended up doing a drug test then and there. It was a saliva drug test, so nothing too difficult. He told me he would give me a call in a week and that he was hiring for the end of may(3 weeks from then). I got a call the next day from a lady in HR and asked me to come in that Monday to fill out more paperwork and to start on Tuesday instead. They have two days of orientation, and it really gets you use to their values and their store policies. It also helps you get use to their store a little better since it is HUGE.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ikea?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you have saved money for a company that you worked for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Straight forward questions nothing too difficult, phone interview followed by interview with two team leaders.
    Also said there is a possible drug test which I felt was a little intrusive. The pay seemed competitive for the position.

Interview Questions

• why do you think your an appropriate candidate for this position   Answer Question

hours where to long

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied almost less than a month ago and then last week got a phone call for a phone interview, missed it and called back, they didn't call for the rest of the day. They called again the next day, I missed it again and then called back, no call for the rest of the day. Finally they called back on the third day and I was able to answer the phone. I guess that they work on their own time. I did the phone interview and it was okay, I felt kind of weird after. This past week I got an email and a phone call for an in person interview. I went in today and it was typical questions for a retail position, but they had me do a written application, then interviewed, then gave me the job description and walked out, walked back in and said that they wanted to move forward. I guess that meant that I got the job because I filled out a background check form and agreed to do a drug test, which I haven't done... I think that the background check is done first.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult or unexpected... but do your homework... part of the first question that they asked me was what I knew about IKEA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Apply from web.
    Get the interview.
    30 minitue process with my prospective manager.
    respond by phone.
    Background check. Drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IKEA (West Covina, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I filled out an application in person and got a call back within a week. I only had one interview but it went well except I was found overqualified and was not hired for fear I would leave for better pay.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

First step is online questions. Second is a phone call interview. Third step is a group interview. You are asked to interview the person next to you. Then you are asked to stand up and speak about that person. The next part is in your group you must review an item and figure out its purpose. Then decide who will speak about the product and present the product. After that you are chosen by a manager for an interview. You then receive a call as to whether or not you get the job.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions standard questions in interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Frisco, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position online on the IKEA website. I was then contacted by phone for a phone interview. After the phone interview, we set up an interview at the store. My interview went very smoothly. I met with an employee in HR, and two managers, one who was managing the department I was applying for. They were all very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• It's hard to remember, but I believe that a difficult question that I was asked was what I expected to accomplish in this job. At IKEA, people move up the ladder, and there are many positions available to contribute to at this company. I am a student working towards a degree, so I didn't think I would be working there for long, but for someone who sees this as a career, it's very tangible and lucrative as long as you work hard and take all of the training classes offered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything, because this was retail and an hourly wage, I accepted the base pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA in June 2009.

Interview

The call was made early in the morning and when I didn't answer they left a message. When I called back later on around noon no one would answer and I mad to leave a message. I would call back every couple days but every time no one would answer. I finally received an email saying the position I applied for was filled.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2009.

Interview

The process was not very long for me, but I have had other co workers say that it is a long process that can sometimes take weeks to finish. The process of interviewing is somewhat old and out dated

Interview Questions

• There werent really any difficult questions. It is a basic job and does not require an in depth interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations