IKEA Sales Coworker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IKEA Sales Coworker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

There first was a 20 minute phone interview. Asked basic questions. Wasnt from the direct store, a third party call center. By the end of the call you'll either receive a in store interview date or a "thanks for appling". After receiving my in store interview date two days later, I had my first interview with the team lead of the department. Followed by the manager of the department.( two interviews in one day) Two days later I came in for a drug test, few days later I received a offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IKEA?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Emeryville, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Arrived at the location and instead of a one on one interview like I imagined, it was a job fair with more than 50 people. I filled out an application and then took a seat to wait to be interviewed.

The interview lasted 15 minutes at the most.

Interview Questions

• What was one obstacle in your last job that you overcame? How?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Orlando, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview for a temp summer position with 7 other people. We were split up into groups of 4 with both a shopkeeper manager and a team lead manager and asked a series of questions. In the end, they decided on only 4 of us to get the position. And after 3 months, I was asked to stay on for a part-time role, and then became a full-time co-worker about a year ago.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick a super power, what would it be and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Baltimore, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

It was very direct, engaging, and informative. The manager who interviewed me asked me not to be nervous at all and talk like having a normal conversation. It's a really great interview compared to other interviews I had.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work for IKEA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Sunrise, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Submitted an online application. I didn't hear back for about 2 weeks. As a result I went in person to the store and visited the department in which I was applying. I brought my resume and cover letter and left it with a sales coworker there. I received a call the next day and a brief phone interview was conducted asking basic questions - why IKEA, what is your skill set that would be beneficial to the job for which you are applying, what do you not like to do when working, etc. I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview in person with the assistant manager of my department. He was very nice and asked a list of question distributed by corporate about my background, hobbies, what I expect from other coworkers, my strengths, weaknesses, describe a time when I had to work under pressure, etc. After this interview I followed up with a phone call and was made and offer by the Manager of the department. I was required to come in and meet with HR for a drug test (cheek swab) and to sign the final paperwork. I had orientation about two weeks later and have been happily employed every since. It is a part-time job to make some extra money while working my normal day job. They have great health insurance for part time employees which is another bonus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate for higher pay. There was no wiggle room.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2011.

Interview

You submit an application online, it's pretty simple and easy. Then they have a third party screening that will either email you that it's a no, or call your contact number for a phone interview. If you pass that screening, you are given a contact number for your local IKEA that is hiring, and you have an in-person interview. They tend to differ based on what the manager is looking for. The "required" questions they need for their paperwork is pretty basic job interview stuff, and most management know what they need and will hire you if you're a good fit, and will pass if you're not showing qualities they want in their department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't much negotiation - you get told what offer the manager can make you, and that's about it. Maybe higher positions (like management) would get more options here, but there's honestly some equation that HR uses that tells the manager what their budget for you is.

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Hicksville, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Knew someone working at the company and was able to get a referral, which helped in getting an interview. Submitted my resume and met with a Human Resource manager, who inquired about my relevant experience and what department I'd be interested in working at within the company. I was very personable in the interview, which is a big part about a sales job and the main reason I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? It's always awkward to try and boast oneself while trying to remain modest and not state the obvious answers.   Answer Question

Sales Coworker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA in February 2010.

Interview

It took me maybe 2.5 months to get the interview had to keep on sending them my resume and coverletter for every job post they posted. It was a 1 on 1 interview i was told i had to wait for the background check and a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you found yourself dealing with someone who didn't like you. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to sale furniture?   Answer Question
    • How wll do you work with people? Do you prefer working alone or in team?   Answer Question

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKEA (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in April 2009.

Interview

It is very difficult to get an interview with IKEA, even if you have retail experience. They will hire for the right person, so show your good attitude through your resume. It helps if you know someone. They also want people there that will stay and grow.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer