IKEA Sales Coworker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Draper, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter online, and within the day I got a call from the hiring manager. We set up an interview for 2 days later. The interview went well, she said that I would receive an email about completing a background check, and that once that was done, they would schedule a second interview where they would make an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Process was broken into 3 parts: Phone Interview, Face-to-Face, then a meeting with HR. Took a while between steps but I don't think that's the standard at all stores. Super easy going process.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

There first was a 20 minute phone interview. Asked basic questions. Wasnt from the direct store, a third party call center. By the end of the call you'll either receive a in store interview date or a "thanks for appling". After receiving my in store interview date two days later, I had my first interview with the team lead of the department. Followed by the manager of the department.( two interviews in one day) Two days later I came in for a drug test, few days later I received a offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IKEA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Emeryville, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Arrived at the location and instead of a one on one interview like I imagined, it was a job fair with more than 50 people. I filled out an application and then took a seat to wait to be interviewed.

The interview lasted 15 minutes at the most.

Interview Questions

• What was one obstacle in your last job that you overcame? How?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Orlando, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview for a temp summer position with 7 other people. We were split up into groups of 4 with both a shopkeeper manager and a team lead manager and asked a series of questions. In the end, they decided on only 4 of us to get the position. And after 3 months, I was asked to stay on for a part-time role, and then became a full-time co-worker about a year ago.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick a super power, what would it be and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Baltimore, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

It was very direct, engaging, and informative. The manager who interviewed me asked me not to be nervous at all and talk like having a normal conversation. It's a really great interview compared to other interviews I had.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work for IKEA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Sunrise, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Submitted an online application. I didn't hear back for about 2 weeks. As a result I went in person to the store and visited the department in which I was applying. I brought my resume and cover letter and left it with a sales coworker there. I received a call the next day and a brief phone interview was conducted asking basic questions - why IKEA, what is your skill set that would be beneficial to the job for which you are applying, what do you not like to do when working, etc. I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview in person with the assistant manager of my department. He was very nice and asked a list of question distributed by corporate about my background, hobbies, what I expect from other coworkers, my strengths, weaknesses, describe a time when I had to work under pressure, etc. After this interview I followed up with a phone call and was made and offer by the Manager of the department. I was required to come in and meet with HR for a drug test (cheek swab) and to sign the final paperwork. I had orientation about two weeks later and have been happily employed every since. It is a part-time job to make some extra money while working my normal day job. They have great health insurance for part time employees which is another bonus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate for higher pay. There was no wiggle room.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2011.

Interview

You submit an application online, it's pretty simple and easy. Then they have a third party screening that will either email you that it's a no, or call your contact number for a phone interview. If you pass that screening, you are given a contact number for your local IKEA that is hiring, and you have an in-person interview. They tend to differ based on what the manager is looking for. The "required" questions they need for their paperwork is pretty basic job interview stuff, and most management know what they need and will hire you if you're a good fit, and will pass if you're not showing qualities they want in their department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't much negotiation - you get told what offer the manager can make you, and that's about it. Maybe higher positions (like management) would get more options here, but there's honestly some equation that HR uses that tells the manager what their budget for you is.

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA (Hicksville, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Knew someone working at the company and was able to get a referral, which helped in getting an interview. Submitted my resume and met with a Human Resource manager, who inquired about my relevant experience and what department I'd be interested in working at within the company. I was very personable in the interview, which is a big part about a sales job and the main reason I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? It's always awkward to try and boast oneself while trying to remain modest and not state the obvious answers.   Answer Question

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process is an assessment centre with around 8 other candidates/interviewees. There were also around 8 members of IKEA staff present too. The assessment centre began with typical team exercises. We were partnered up and asked to get to know each other, we then had to present our partner to the rest of the group. We were also asked to bring along a photo of our favourite room and asked to explain why we liked it so much. (HINT: everyone picked a room that had lots of IKEA products in it). There were a few more group exercises which involved customer experience. We had to discuss as a group what we perceive to be a good experience and a bad experience. The IKEA staff sit around this discussion each taking their own notes on what is being said and who is contributing etc. After that a formal individual interview takes place, there were two interviewers. The interviews tended to last between 20-45 minutes, it seemed dependant on the individual and also the two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer
    • What is your favourite furniture store.   1 Answer