IKEA Self Serve Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IKEA Self Serve Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.7

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

The associate interviewing me was ten minutes late. Escorted me into a small room with a lamp, table and chairs, then proceeded to ask me questions about my past experience. Also inquired about how I'd handle irate customers, and about my interest in working for IKEA.

At the end she instructed me to wait for the online background documents, telling me she thought I was a great match for the position.

Two days later I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Anonymous Employee in Merriam, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Merriam, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is a long unorganized mess. I applied originally in December of 2014. Got a call for an interview in January which went to my voicemail. I must have called back 20 different times. Gave up. Reapplied in late January, got called for an interview and after the interview the background check took over 2 weeks. I also filled out probably 6 availability forms because they kept losing them. I finally started in late march. Which was fine until I found out because of all of this mess, I would miss out on the bonus for the fiscal year of 2015 by about 3 weeks. Very discouraging.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my job experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, received an email, phone interview, went in for a group interview, and was called back for training.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation it was an hourly retail position.

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Conshohocken, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

first they do a phone interview with you just to ask you basic questions about the position you applied for then they do an in store interview with you with the department and store manager

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Great work culture, always something to do, managers are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Customers will come up with anything to get you to lift and get there items for them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ya they make ou take a drug test and talk about your recent job history

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (Charlotte, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

I filled out an application online, was then called about 4 days later for a phone interview..i was asked generic questions about times i had to work with difficult people..etc

was invited to a hiring event, with a bunch of people, was interviewed and offered a job on the stop

came back 2 days later for the on-site drug test(oral swab)

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to work with someone you didnt like   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 12 people. First we went around the room and were asked to share our work experience, then what we knew about the company and had to pick our favourite values from a list of IKEA's values provided and share with the group. Then we had to sell a product they gave us.

Interview Questions

• 2 questions asked as a group:
      1. How do you deal with team members who don't do their part
      2. How do you balance more than 1 customer at a time   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Interview

it was 30 mins interview. mostly behavioral questions