IKEA Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IKEA Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Memphis, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick and efficient. Interviewer asked important questions that required interviewee to provide specific examples of past experiences. Overall, the interview experience was positive. The manager seemed down-to-earth. She was very enthusiastic about working for the company and eager to sell the benefits of working there.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when you worked with a difficult customer or co-worker. Have you ever had a time where it was difficult to complete a project? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Emeryville, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The one on one interview was with who my supervisor would be. I had thorough answers to the questions. Half way through, the person put the question form down and stated because of the quality of my answers they wanted to stop the script. We had a dialogue that was thorough with where the team and company were going. Having been in management for over 15 years and knowing body language, it was fair to assume the interviewer was interested in me as a candidate.

The interviewer at closing stated that a specific person would be calling the set up a second interview quickly. The second interview being set up did not occur.

I was surprised. I had been thought when you are interviewing a person you are not interested in moving forward with, you don't say that a specific person will call. You say something like, "should we be interested in moving forward with you, we will contact you via phone, It's ...... your correct number"?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you handle difficult situations with customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Was all fine and dandy until it took for them to call you back at a scheduled time. I was really disappointing by the experience overall. I had received a call back after being turn down for a job since someone was promoted and everything had pointed that I had the job. I then never heard back from anyone via email or by phone calls. I was very excited to be apart of the IKEA team since I would have been a great way to grow my skills.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKEA (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Started with a face to face interview. Started with general questions and the moved on to the role-specific questions. Took four interviews for the position over about 2 mo period. Questions weren't difficult. Being yourself is the best way.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Takes a little time. Had a interview with manager, HR, and Store manager. Also did phone interviews with the service office and manager. A long process but well worth it.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty straight forward. None that were too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Got more than asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IKEA (Savannah, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple. First, was a phone interview that lasted only 15 minutes. There was then an in person interview with two team leaders. The in person interview is basically to see if you would get along with the person training you. They then call you about the job offer and set up a date to take a mouth swap drug test. I've heard that HR has not been responding to applicants recently.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic interview questions, nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Hicksville, NY).

Interview

The hiring process is terribly wrong. It's starts with a phone screen after you apply about values near and dear to IKEA. Previous job experience. Then if your selected it goes to the store level for a secondary phone screen and if accepted again, 2-3 interviews are conducted by various managers, usually an department manager, then possibly an HR rep or another manager in the building.

Interview Questions

• Which of these IKEA values best represents you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Positive perception of people, office, and work environment. Two interviews needed.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Cincinnati, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

Took 5 weeks. Had 4 interviews. Questions weren't too difficult, they need to see if you are a culture fit for the company. Had a phone screen, then face to face with the manager and store manager. Then once again with the manager. Overall process was to be expected.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of what thought goes into creating a menu offer for the restaurant.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

It was very casual, laid back and down to earth. They asked genreal interview questions and took me on a tour behind the scenes, I met some of the team who were all friendly and very welcoming

Interview Questions

• Give examples of KPI's that you have worked with   1 Answer