IKEA Warehouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IKEA Warehouse Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (East Palo Alto, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Great telephone interview ... fun and direct, candid but not too nerve wracking

It took a little longer than I was told to get the call for the 1:1

This was interesting because my interviewer had only been employed there for 2 weeks ... which seemed quite inappropriate. Maybe (from looking at me at the reception area) they thought I was not a good candidate (not likely but?) .... or simply had so many applicants booked on Sunday afternoon that they had to "double up" the 1:1s with two (or more?) interviewers.

In the end, I was very disappointed cause maybe I appeared to be overqualified (having driven a forklift for WalMart for the last 7 years and was paid twice what Ikea was ititially offering?

Interview Questions

• What brought you to consider Ikea   Answer Question
  • What kind of work are you looking for ... part time vs. full time ... long term?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

My first interview was on the phone, where the interviewer asked me about my past work experience. Then I was asked why I left my last job, I replied that because I to move because of school. I was asked if whether I enjoyed working at my past work, which i replied yes to. Then I was asked me if about my educational background. I was then asked basic questions about what hours I was able to work and if I was able to lift 50lb. I was also asked questions about IKEA such as "What do I like about IKEA?And Why did I apply to IKEA?" To which I replied their commitment to the environment and the community.The phone interview was casual. I was then asked to come in for another interview a couple of days later.The interview consisted of questions like "What do are some of your positive/negative traits?" "What is some thing you are proud of?" "Recall a situation where you had to work as a team" "What should a team do in order to be successful?" The interview process was also very casual and one on one. I was then told to come back a couple days later to fill out paper work for background check and etc.

Interview Questions

• Recall a situation where a you had to work as a team and over come a challenge?   Answer Question
    • Describe what is necessary to be a successful team   1 Answer