IKON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IKON Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKON (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a very nice recruiter who did the initial screening of my qualifications and provided more information about the position. She recommended me and forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. Several days later, the hiring manager contacted me to schedule an interview that Friday. I sent an email confirming that I was available Friday to be interviewed. Friday came and went without an interview. The hiring manager did not reply with time and location of the interview.

On Monday, I followed up with the hiring manager and he apologized for not getting back to me. We scheduled an interview the next day. The 1:1 interview went extremely well. The hiring manager was open and honest about the position and his expectations. The interview lasted 2 hours. The next day, I was asked to come back to meet with the hiring manager's boss, the Director of Sales, who I thought was very sharp, smart, well-organized, and an amazing person to lead a sales division. He was decisive and knew exactly the kind of person who would be successful on his team. This interview lasted 30 minutes.

I was then asked to do a "ride day" with a current AE to get a first hand feel for the job. The next day, I spent 8 hours (unpaid) in the field with a rep who showed me the ropes and answered every question I had. This rep was open, honest, friendly and had an incredible work ethic.

I was then asked to come in for a fourth interview with the General Manager. However, I withdrew my application. After the day in the field, I knew this was the wrong job for me. The job involves canvassing, going door-to-door to find leads in your territory. Other negatives were that Ikon did not reimburse for necessary expenses such as your monthly cell phone bill to contact customers, mileage, gas, parking expenses, home Internet which is necessary to contact customers and access company data from home before customer meetings. If you have a territory where parking is $20 per day, you must be prepared to pay without reimbursement. Ikon does provide AEs $200 per month for expenses but after taxes, I knew it would not be enough to cover gas for the month. This position requires lots of driving and wear on your vehicle but those expenses are not reimbursed. Also, the salary was uncompetitive compared to other companies even in this economy. In fact, I thought the salary was too low to meet ordinary living expenses and I could possibly find myself losing money to meet the added expenses of having that job.

Overall, I was impressed with the people and think this would have been a good company to work for had the salary been competitive and reimbursement for necessary sales expenses were included. Ikon has a great training program to get new sales reps up to speed. I think people new to sales would benefit from that training.

Site Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IKON (Charlotte, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

There was no interview process due to the fact they were taking over the current Records Management Department. This was a unique situation due to the fact that they were not letting us go and then hiring us back with a full process.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions for the interview due to the fact they were just absorbing the current Records Management Department.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKON (Norcross, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Received interview shortly after getting employee referral. Was invited to a "Recruiting Event" and then offered the job 2 days later. Churn and burn company, high turnover, mostly because the job is horrible. I did not even want to waste 1 day of my life trying to sell a copier.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Office Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IKON (Lexington, KY) in January 2011.

Interview

A very average interview and lasted about 30 minutes. The whole bottom line here, nepotism, nepotism, nepotism.

I am not for or against nepotism. They hired a relative of an employee. They interviewed about 10 people and did not go with any of them. The requirements of the position were not so specific that no one would be able to fill it. If you are going to do this, then do not waste the time of others when you know very well who you are going to bring in and that you have to fulfill some kind of formality process.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IKON (Dallas, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Initially contacted by internal recruiter and had subsequent phone interview with him. Then met 1:1 with General Manager, VP of Sales and Sales Director. According to recruiter interviews went well. Then had no contact for 60 days. Even the internal recruiter was unable to get any information. I later found out they had promoted an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about face to face meetings vs cold calling on the phone   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at IKON (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview process started out normal, with a phone interview about a week after I applied to Ikon online. Then I was called in for my first interview and found out after my hour train ride and 25 dollars later that they scheduled two people at the same time for the same interview. Because of this, I then met with the same HR rep who I had my phone interview with to not completely waste my time and basically had the exact same interview as the one on the phone. They asked me to come back for another interview and again I was given the run around. I interviewed with the office sales manager who said he only had time for a quick interview but would love for me to come back for a in depth meeting and said I showed great potential. Two weeks later after not hearing anything from them and several emails and phone calls later, I finally was able to set up the third meeting. At this point I was supposed to meet other members of management, as well as the sales manger whom I previously met with, and then move on to the final step of the interview process which was the panel interview. This interview, which was scheduled for 10 am but didn't start till 11:30, lasted about an hour and left me with a great feeling, again after being told I had a lot of promise and that I could have been a great fit within the company. However the other managers were not available at the time, so he told me he wanted me to come back within the week, as he wanted to complete the process as soon as possible. Two weeks later of trying to track him down, I was finally able to set up the third interview. The Business manager who I was scheduled to meet gave me about 15 minutes of her time and then said again I was a great fit and wanted to schedule a "ride along" where i would shadow a account manager for the day to make sure I thought ikon was a good fit for me. Again, I left this meeting with a great feeling and thought I had a great shot of landing this position. Today, six weeks later I have given up trying to track someone down and receive and answer. I can deal with the rejection, but I would at least expect the common decency of an letter or an email saying that the position has been filled. Maybe I was not who they wanted, but just telling me after the second interview that we would not have worked out would have saved me a lot of time, stress, and most importantly a 100 dollars worth of train rides. The warning signs were there from the begging and should have listened to them.

Interview Questions

• How would you learn about prospective clients in your new territory?   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKON (San Jose, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Dress for success, Mailroom, Shipping, and formal employees that worked for Kinko's is plus.

Interview Questions

• What is something that really gets you mad? discuss the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Know what you are worth as far as salary and for your experience.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKON (Malvern, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

I was called in because a job recruiter had called me about this position, which I expected to be for physically repairing office equiment, but it turned out that they were looking to fill a Help Desk role. I am competent in both areas, and I had displayed my competence very well (if I do say so myself). I assumed the role would be mine based on the interview, but they never called me back. Neither did the recruiter, despite multiple phone calls to her.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer the first- or second-shift?   1 Answer

On-Site Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IKON (Lexington, KY) in April 2009.

Interview

Very Simple, very informative, and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ask for a higher hourly wage

Account Manager 3-Legal Document Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKON (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

My interview process was a little different because I already knew the Sales Manager whom I had worked with at another company. The interviews are pretty standard but once you are hired plan on spending about 4-6 months in training in order to understand the product offerings. I worked in the Legal Document Services division and not in the Copier division which IKON is mostly know for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be successful working with IKON?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, describe the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Every companies salary is negotiable if they really want to hire you