IKON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.7

Na Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKON (Malvern, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

Fairly easy, recruiter searched and found me, brought me in and I got the job.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKON (Alexandria, VA) in November 2008.

Interview

Met with the Regional Director and Regional VP in one day. Lucky coincidence that both were in the office, since the RVP home office is about four hours away. One follow interview with a former Regional Director (now lead trainer). Offer made at the third meeting (with Regional Director)

Negotiation

I was able to increase the base salary by $5,000 and extend the ramp period from 6 months to 9 months

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKON in July 2007.

Interview

IKON uses a three interview process. Your first interview is with a recruiter, second with the sales manager,
    and third is with the area sales manager. The first interview is more of a background interview, but your second really is more of a selling skills and you need ot make sure you are on your game. If you get to third just make sure you are confident in your skills and you should receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were not able to support a customer and how you handled this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKON (Providence, RI) in June 2007.

Interview

It took a little longer than I expected. I had my phone interview and because I had experience in the field they made a sales manager interview the next day. From there I met with a Director of Sales two days later. From there they made it known I was going to be hired. However it took the recruiter 30 days from there to schedule the drug test and get an offer letter. DOS was informitive and the boss I interviewed was great.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to be a customer to give a elevator pitch for IKON. He expected I did my homework on IKON   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I had 3 years sales experience 2 in the same vertical market. Consider what you need to make year one with no experience and ask to see your territory. See what your first 18 months would bring in for lease expirations

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKON (Wichita, KS) in January 2007.

Interview

covered previous sales reports, business plan for open territory, existing customer references, AVP/DOS recommendation. first interview was with the recruiter, then area HR manager, the local sales manager then area DOS. offer was given after passing the drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• What is your strategic plan for executing the growth of business and revenue from potential clients.   Answer Question

Order Coordination Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IKON (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

I already knew someone that worked there but they gave my resume to the hiring manager. Met with the hiring manager and the HR manager. Then meet some of the team that you would be working with to get a feel for overall team fit.

AE Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKON in October 2011.

Interview

Laid back initial interview that went suprisingly well. Was scared from the start when the regional manager said that he had been with the company for three years. I think that it was a great opportunity to move up quickly, but it seems as if the turnover rate is high.

Reception Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKON in January 2011.

Interview

I already worked for IKON and had filled in for this position many times. Since I already knew the job it was easy to fill the position when it opened.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKON in December 2010.

Interview

The process was fairly simple and consisted of writing out answers to a series of questions, a phone interview with an IKON recruiter, and then a 1 on 1 interview with the Sales Manager. There were not a lot of questions asked, more of a conversational type interview process. Just remember to close for the job if interview is for a sales position.

COPY OPERATOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IKON in September 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was about 20 minutes with a recuriter. two weeks later i had two sit downs with the manager, her boss, then his boss. I was asked over and over about my managing technique, they had alot of problems on the site and wanted to make sure i would not come down too heavy.They were not prepared and i waited 30 minutes. I heard more what was wrong with the site then i did about my responsibilites. The manager has since left. Her staff was and is running amock. She has since left.

I would have taken a cut in pay.