ILA Vietnam ESL Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ILA Vietnam ESL Teacher Interview Questions

1.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Discussed how I would plan a lesson based on a page from an ESL book. Answered some basic questions about previous experience and whether I had lived in a third world country.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that you will handle living in a third world country?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ILA Vietnam

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in May 2017.

Interview

Nice girl but did't seem to know anything about the company. I got the feeling it was her first week on the job. She followed a very laborious script and none of the questions followed on from the previous ones. I already knew I would be offered the job within the first 2 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Are you happy to teach in public schools?   1 Answer

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenyang, Liaoning (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Shenyang, Liaoning (China)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and nice, tried to make the interview seem as relaxed as possible. It was a voice call over Skype. Some questions were challenging. Lasted about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why Vietnam?
      If you had to recommend the CELTA to someone, what would you say? What did you learn?
      What was your biggest challenge during the CELTA?
      What would your instructors say were your biggest weakness/strength?
      Have you ever received criticism you didnt agree with?
      How do you make lessons learner-centred?
      What lesson structures do you use from the CELTA?
      What is your classroom management style?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Hanoi (Vietnam)) in March 2017.

Interview

I emailed ILA, and they replied inviting me for an in-person interview in Hanoi centre. The interview atmosphere was very relaxed, and non-intimidating, but they did throw in some questions to make sure you know the basic principles.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of where you taught or explained a grammar point   1 Answer

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Wellington (New Zealand)) in January 2017.

Interview

Skype interview lasted around 25 minutes. During the interview, asked about my motivations for teaching English (given it would be a career shift) and for moving to Vietnam. They focussed on my CELTA qualification - why did I choose CELTA, what specific skills did I learn through CELTA. They also mentioned improvements the school are making in coordinating between HR and teachers, and in securing work permits for teachers.
    I found the interviewer very easy to talk to. He was very friendly and professional. The whole application process was smooth and very informative.

Interview Questions

• What are my motivations for teaching English? Why did I choose Vietnam specifically? If employed, where in Vietnam do I want to teach? Why did I choose to study CELTA? What specific skills did I learn through CELTA. What are my weaknesses as a teacher? What do I need from the school?   Answer Question

My partner had accepted an offer in another country, and for our objectives, this offer was preferable to us living in Vietnam.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)).

Interview

Very friendly but with some tough questions. There was a lot of discussion about life here in Vietnam to make sure I was prepared for the move. After that it moved on to how I would translate my experience teaching adults into a young learner environment. Then we talked about what ILA as a company was like.

I felt at ease for most of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical staging for a vocabulary lesson for beginners age 8   1 Answer

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple. The interviewer was nice and it felt like more of a chat than an interview. I was given information about the job and the company. I was also given a chance to ask questions. After the interview i was asked to submit a lesson plan based on a topic sent to me.

Interview Questions

• They went through the standard interview question, Why do you want to teach? Your teaching experience?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Very professional although informal, was an excellent impression for the company. I can not fault the interview in any way at all. Joanna Oxley was a fantastic asset to ILA and it is a shame she is no longer there.She answered all of my questions fully and was so helpful and kind. She is a very skilled interviewer in making the interviewee feel at ease and bringing out the best in them. She will be very successful wherever she goes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Talk me through your teaching experience (ages, styles, skills)
      When can you start ?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam.

Interview

To get the interview I had to submit my resume (CV) to their website. After waiting for several weeks I was contacted by someone in HR and we agreed to set up a time for an interview. The interview was fairly standard, but they did ask me to include a picture with my resume and what age groups I was willing to work as well as my preference in location.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a pro forma affair. The company is looking to expand pretty rapidly, so they hire a lot of people who apply. You had to submit a lesson plan for a given topic, and then you reviewed the plan with the hiring officer for feedback. A few days later, I received an offer. I will say that the school followed up on teacher evaluations in class, and you could be let go after the first few months for poor performance/improvement, so the first few months could be seen as a longer interview.