IM Flash Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2018

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies (Provo, UT) in October 2009.

Interview

There was the initial phone interview with a guy from HR, and then an in-person interview. The HR interview was normal, and the in-person interview started out normally. However, after I thought I was done, I found out that I had 3 more hours of interviews. All-in-all it took almost 5 hours to complete the interview process. The first interviews included technical questions about flash technology as well as programming, and seemed more than sufficient, but then it seemed that I had to talk to everyone I could possibly work with. I was interviewed by a total of 10 people. I think that if someone wants to interview me for 5 hours they need to let me know the schedule in advance.

Interview Questions

• I was shown a circuit of a solar-powered light and asked to describe how it worked at the circuit-component level.   Answer Question
    • I was asked how flash memory works.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies (Lehi, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple. Applied for the job, scheduled an interview, interviewed with the supervisor and one senior member of the team. They did take a little long to get back to me about the position but I was one of the first people interviewed and the hiring intern manager just takes a minute to get back to you.

Interview Questions

• They asked about some of the core values. Core values are a big deal at this company.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies.

Interview

Received interview offer same night as campus career fair and interviewed the next morning. Company did a great job introducing themselves and their technology. Overall positive experience. Not many behavioral questions. Questions were geared toward education and experiences.

Application

Interview

A couple reps came to my University looking to give out internships for a couple students. During the career fair, many people had quick "mini interviews". If they thought that you were intelligent and shared similar values, then they immediately signed you up for an interview the next day and invited you for dinner that night. Out of all of the initial applicants, about twenty people were invited to dinner. The reps were very friendly and tried to make everyone feel comfortable. During the interview, we mostly talked about life at IM Flash and what kind of people they like to hire. There were no technical questions and when they did ask questions, they were behavioral. The interview was very relaxed and the reps understood that college students do not typically have a technical understanding of NAND Flash Memory. However, they feel very strongly about their company values and will not hire you if they feel that you are not a good representation of these values.

Interview Questions

• None, standard questions such as how you overcame a task, weaknesses, strengths, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies in October 2013.

Interview

After an on-campus interview during a university career fair, I was invited on site to interview for a process engineering internship. I had a brief screen with HR and a panel interview involving behavioral and technical questions. This was followed by a group problem solving activity. The interview questions were pretty standard. I received an offer about 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a direct report started underperforming?   Answer Question
    • How would you begin to troubleshoot a reactor with pressure issues?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies.

Interview

I went to their booth at my universities career fair, got an interview scheduled. Showed up to the interview, the interviewer was very late so they had someone else interview me. I thought it went well was very straight forward. I hear back from them 2 months later saying how they wanted everyone to do some online webcam thing. I didn't bother because I had already accepted another offer. I am sure there would've been many more steps to the interview had I chose to continue.

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies (Lehi, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked to recruiters at the career fair. Given an interview slot for the next day. On Campus interview as with two recruiters who asked a mix of technical and behavioral questions. 3 weeks later had an on-site interview. Onsite interview consisted of an interview with HR and then a second panel interview with technical and behavioral questions and riddles. Spent most of the interview going through my resume and asking questions. There was also

Interview Questions

• Which core value would you have the most trouble with and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies.

Interview

Just finished my first interview and waiting for to hear back form them. I was asked an areay of questions about my interest and experiences. It takes three weeks to get an outcome, eagerly waiting to hear from IM Flash.

Intern Interview

Interview

The company values and looks for people that hold their core values. Many questions about teamwork experience in school and jobs. Questions about ethics and your display of their core values.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies (Lehi, UT).

Interview

There were two parts to the interview. Each had two people on the panel. The first part was behavioral and the second was technical questions related to the company and major. The interview was done on-site. The day before the interview there was a dinner and tour to let you learn about the company, and then the following day was the interviews. There was an additional team building activity.

Interview Questions

• Do you put acid in water or water in acid   1 Answer