IMC Financial Markets Graduate Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Financial Markets Graduate Trader Interview Questions

3.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Standard trader interview process. The arithmetic test is relatively harder than those of other trading firms. Series test is pretty standard. I'm sure over 80% is required to pass both tests for the final stage. HR team is very nice, final stage includes a free dinner where you meet the trading heads.
Hyper competitive process. Selecting roughly 1-3 from over 450 applicants.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Financial Markets

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Uploaded Resume online and completed a basic application form. Next phase was online aptitude tests - standard numeracy, patterns and comrepehension. Then an online video interview - questions were given on the screen and had a set time to answer each. After this they flew me across to Sydney for some more mathematical tests and interviews in person. I did not get past this final stage.

Interview Questions

• What is it you think IMC do?
      Please explain this (something taken from your resume) twice, once to someone who knows nothing about it and once to someone who is an expert in it.
      What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Graduate Trader Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets in April 2012.

Interview

Very professional interview. First there was an assessment tests that test your basic reasoning abilities, somewhat similar to IQ tests. After that, there was an arithmetic test which consisted of a lot of basic arithmetic questions like 5% of (46 * 32) - 0.37 * 4, without using a calculator of course. Finally there was a sequence test which tested your ability to identify the sequence in a series of numbers. Other than these tests there was a fairly standard interview, asking the usual questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2012.

Interview

3 maths quizzes can't do any working out, only writing allowed is the answer. A behavioral question in the interview process. "Tell us about urself?" . Interviews were pretty straight forward and company tour was really interesting. Future candidates know maths really well and quickly, plus have the ability to trade when numbers are being shown to you.

Interview Questions

• Flipping of a coin. Heads $20, tails -$5. Do you like this game. Second game, $20million heads, tails -$5. Do you prefer the second game? Last game is the same values as the first game, we can play it once or 100 times which would you prefer and why?   2 Answers