IMC Financial Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Financial Markets Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2018

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I don't understand why HR reach out to you first for scheduling a time and after you response the time they never get back anymore? Even if the position is not available anymore I think it's always better to keep your candidate updated.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets.

Interview

1. Online coding assessment
    2. Online logical reasoning assessment
    3. Video interview OR on-campus interview should we travel to your university
    4. Final round interviews in our Chicago office

Totally a waist of time. They would review your resume after you finished the first two tests and the third one is a one-way video interview. I failed after this step.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets.

Interview

Round 1: Codility ~2hr20min coding test. Easy/medium. Time was a factor for me, but I was rusty on implementing data structures in my chosen language.
    Round 2: Logic/IQ test (~30 minutes) involving shapes and transforms. It gets very difficult near the end, but just do your best. It's all relative to your peers.
    Round 3: Automated video interview (~30 minutes) - mostly technical, some softer questions. You will answer all questions verbally after a small amount of time to consider each questions, so have paper ready, but also pay attention to room lighting and camera positioning
    Round 4: In-person (I did not make it to this state)

I thought I failed each round, but kept passing to the next. It's a very fast-paced process which can be a pain but is ultimately beneficial; you have 2-day windows to complete each leg with fast responses to continue to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Which sorting algorithms would you use for various cases (semi-sorted list, only several unique values, etc)   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for this position online. I then got a link to give the coding test. They generally 3 programming questions. I can choose any programming language to solve them. I can even solve all three questions with three different programming language.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember every question but one question was related to the elevator problem,   1 Answer

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (New York, NY).

Interview

Basically the just give every person who applied a code test and iq test video interview. After that the began reviewing cv. What is annoying is that all email seens automatically and the I didnt have any reply after video interview. they should at least inform applicant they are rejected.
    Don't apply here, just waste of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets in February 2018.

Interview

The process has taken a couple days. I applied online and received an email a couple days later inviting me to take an online coding assessment. This was very straightforward and took under an hour and a half to complete. I haven't heard back yet

Interview Questions

• Can't disclose the questions, but they were all Leet code medium or easier   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

there are three steps for the interview before on-site interview.
    1. Online assessment
    2. Logical Interview
    3. Video Interview
    The code challenge is not hard but logical and video interview is a little bit hard.

Interview Questions

• /*
           * A String is valid if contains at least one capital letter
           * and contains no digits
           * A building has floor from 0 to M
           * There is an elevator that loading people from ground floor to different floor,
           * calculate the total number of times that the elevator stops
    • /*
           * Follow up question on counting isolate islands
           * */   Answer Question
    • Logic questions are full of shapes and operations. You have to figure out what each operation means and what the final/initial state might be. 32 questions in 24 minutes. You have to really solve it quickly.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets.

Interview

First, I received a logic and coding test. The logic test had some hard questions near the end, but it was doable. The coding test was pretty straightforward. Next, I had a HireVue video interview where I had to record myself answering questions about several scenarios. Afterwards, I was invited to an onsite in Chicago with 3 rounds (coding, behavioral, and algorithms).

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This was definitely one of the worst interview processes I've had so far. I've had a phone interview with a HR from IMC. She suggested me to prepare on market making and probability questions, which is quite normal for a prop trading firm.
    The interview was very unpleasant. The HR person did not have any idea about what market making is. Unlike other interviewers from prop trading firms, she did not give any hints about probability / stats questions.
    At the end, she asked me if I had any questions, but when I asked a very general question about their business, she declined to comment. Why do you ask people for questions if you don't want to answer them?

Interview Questions

IMC Financial Markets Response

Nov 6, 2017

We pride ourselves on the amount of time and energy we invest in finding new talent, so it’s very surprising to hear about your experience. It’s extremely important that we make interviewing an... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets.

Interview

Had to take a 24-minute "logical reasoning" quiz, which was easy at the beginning but got pretty hard at the end. Then had to take a Codility coding challenge, which was a LeetCode easy to medium. Was rejected a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Choose the next transformation in a series of transformations involving colored shapes. Seemed pretty easy in the beginning, but got pretty complicated and felt time-crunched at the end   Answer Question