IMC Trading Graduate Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Graduate Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

3.6

Graduate Trader Interview

Interview

I applied online. That same day I received an e-mail inviting me to take an online assessment. I had 48 hours to do the assessment. After completing the assessment I received an e-mail about 4 hours later telling me I was not selected for an interview. Honestly makes me feel very embarrassed to not pass the assessment as I am almost done with a PhD. HR e-mails were very polite.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview process took about 2 months. Online assessment with simple math and pattern recognizing followed by a Skype interview with one of their HR recruiters. This is then followed by another Technical Skype interview with one of their traders.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Very professional interview process. Great experience overall. The onsite interview didn't work out as I have expected. Three rounds before the on-site interview: OA, HR and Technical round.
    I enjoyed the onsite interviews a lot, it's fun and exciting, but unfortunately didn't make it through.

Graduate Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

1. General ability online test
    2. Video interview
    3. Phone interview
    4. On-site test
    HR was very helpful and showed no signs of complacency.
    The on-site interview was hard but interesting.
    Overall a very good experience, reflecting on the type of company IMC is.

Graduate Trader Interview

Interview

Digital interview followed by an in-person technical interview. The digital interview involved 3 questions 1 behavioral and 2 technical. Th e in-person technical interview involved 2 questions that lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at IMC? Problem solving questions that didn't require any background knowledge in finance.   Answer Question

Graduate Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in February 2019.

Interview

Numerical test and brain game test next is a video interview with two questions and a Skype interview with HR and a trader and assume final round is in house interview.

Interview Questions

• Make a market, Probability games, Brainteaser, Why IMC, Why trading, What is a market maker   Answer Question

Graduate Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

Firstly, there were two aptitude tests required. The first test was mostly based on your ability to work with data quickly from charts and graphs. The second test was a strange kind of test designed to assess the "cognitive profile" of an applicant.
    A short prerecorded video interview followed this which comprised of two questions, a fit question and a probability question.

Graduate Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMC Trading in July 2018.

Interview

Very quick and organized: CV Screening, 2 Aptitude Tests, Skype Interview, Onsite interview. They also provided accurate feedback after rejecting me, which I really appreciated. Interview is not hard overall

Interview Questions

• - Behavioural questions
      - 2 probability questions (easy/medium)
      - Basic questions regarding options pricing
      - Question regarding market making   Answer Question

Graduate Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in October 2017.

Interview

Skype interview followed by Amsterdam HQ interviews. Mostly quantitative and technical questions with a few personality style fit questions. Generally positive experience but decided wasn’t a fit for me in the end and didn’t receive an offer

Graduate Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in June 2018.

Interview

After having a CV screening and completing online aptitude tests, I was called for a Video Interview for the Amsterdam branch.

They will describe everything to expect in the email before the interview. Which means you need to look up some stuff before you do it. The questions weren't too hard, at the start you have quite a lot of freedom to talk about what your motivations for the role and company are etc.
    Though the interviewer was nice and the interview wasn't too daunting, I was disappointed with the conduct of the feedback and the selection process after. The interviewer said that most of the interview I did well, but I messed up one of the calculations and that's why they aren't choosing me. Yes I relaised that I got one of the calculations wrong, not too long after answering. However, it was a very minor step that I didn't do correctly. In their words, I was "inefficient". I feel this is very unfair, as if I were "inefficient" I would have done a calculation in a completely different ball park- which wasn't the case.
    The interviewer also seemed to add to one of my answers, of option advantages, when I had already mentioned that exact point to them.

Interview Questions

IMC Trading Response

Jul 6, 2018

We pride ourselves on the amount of time and energy we invest in finding new talent. It’s important to us that every part of the interview experience be as positive as possible and what you describe... More