IMC Trading Graduate Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Graduate Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

3.6

Graduate Trader Interview

Interview

I applied online. That same day I received an e-mail inviting me to take an online assessment. I had 48 hours to do the assessment. After completing the assessment I received an e-mail about 4 hours later telling me I was not selected for an interview. Honestly makes me feel very embarrassed to not pass the assessment as I am almost done with a PhD. HR e-mails were very polite.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Very professional interview process. Great experience overall. The onsite interview didn't work out as I have expected. Three rounds before the on-site interview: OA, HR and Technical round.
    I enjoyed the onsite interviews a lot, it's fun and exciting, but unfortunately didn't make it through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview process took about 2 months. Online assessment with simple math and pattern recognizing followed by a Skype interview with one of their HR recruiters. This is then followed by another Technical Skype interview with one of their traders.

Graduate Trader Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Trading in April 2012.

Interview

Very professional interview. First there was an assessment tests that test your basic reasoning abilities, somewhat similar to IQ tests. After that, there was an arithmetic test which consisted of a lot of basic arithmetic questions like 5% of (46 * 32) - 0.37 * 4, without using a calculator of course. Finally there was a sequence test which tested your ability to identify the sequence in a series of numbers. Other than these tests there was a fairly standard interview, asking the usual questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2012.

Interview

3 maths quizzes can't do any working out, only writing allowed is the answer. A behavioral question in the interview process. "Tell us about urself?" . Interviews were pretty straight forward and company tour was really interesting. Future candidates know maths really well and quickly, plus have the ability to trade when numbers are being shown to you.

Interview Questions

• Flipping of a coin. Heads $20, tails -$5. Do you like this game. Second game, $20million heads, tails -$5. Do you prefer the second game? Last game is the same values as the first game, we can play it once or 100 times which would you prefer and why?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Standard trader interview process. The arithmetic test is relatively harder than those of other trading firms. Series test is pretty standard. I'm sure over 80% is required to pass both tests for the final stage. HR team is very nice, final stage includes a free dinner where you meet the trading heads.
    Hyper competitive process. Selecting roughly 1-3 from over 450 applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Uploaded Resume online and completed a basic application form. Next phase was online aptitude tests - standard numeracy, patterns and comrepehension. Then an online video interview - questions were given on the screen and had a set time to answer each. After this they flew me across to Sydney for some more mathematical tests and interviews in person. I did not get past this final stage.

Interview Questions

• What is it you think IMC do?
      Please explain this (something taken from your resume) twice, once to someone who knows nothing about it and once to someone who is an expert in it.
      What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Graduate Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in June 2018.

Interview

After having a CV screening and completing online aptitude tests, I was called for a Video Interview for the Amsterdam branch.

They will describe everything to expect in the email before the interview. Which means you need to look up some stuff before you do it. The questions weren't too hard, at the start you have quite a lot of freedom to talk about what your motivations for the role and company are etc.
    Though the interviewer was nice and the interview wasn't too daunting, I was disappointed with the conduct of the feedback and the selection process after. The interviewer said that most of the interview I did well, but I messed up one of the calculations and that's why they aren't choosing me. Yes I relaised that I got one of the calculations wrong, not too long after answering. However, it was a very minor step that I didn't do correctly. In their words, I was "inefficient". I feel this is very unfair, as if I were "inefficient" I would have done a calculation in a completely different ball park- which wasn't the case.
    The interviewer also seemed to add to one of my answers, of option advantages, when I had already mentioned that exact point to them.

Interview Questions

IMC Trading Response

Jul 6, 2018

We pride ourselves on the amount of time and energy we invest in finding new talent. It’s important to us that every part of the interview experience be as positive as possible and what you describe... More

Graduate Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in February 2019.

Interview

Numerical test and brain game test next is a video interview with two questions and a Skype interview with HR and a trader and assume final round is in house interview.

Interview Questions

• Make a market, Probability games, Brainteaser, Why IMC, Why trading, What is a market maker   Answer Question

Graduate Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

Firstly, there were two aptitude tests required. The first test was mostly based on your ability to work with data quickly from charts and graphs. The second test was a strange kind of test designed to assess the "cognitive profile" of an applicant.
    A short prerecorded video interview followed this which comprised of two questions, a fit question and a probability question.