IMC Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in October 2017.

Interview

Very organized onsite interview process. There will email ahead to inform you what sessions will you expect during the interviews. My interview timeline is: apply on University's career fair -> online logic questions -> coding challenge -> on-campus interview -> onsite interview. The onsite interview consists of 1 Algo/DS session, 1 Coding on computer session, and 1 bq session. Questions asked in technical sessions are not hard but interesting, with some follow-ups. Need to be very familiar with Algo/DS to solve them. Interview developers are all very nice. Overall it's a positive experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading in September 2017.

Interview

After applying on line, first I received a logistic online assessment. The assessment had 8 sessions and each session was limited to 3 minutes with 3 questions. The question was to find the pattern given some formula of graphs. After the logistic assessment, you will receive a coding assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received the online assessment immediately. The first assessment was a logic test and soon follow up on that, I received the second assessment, which was a coding challenge consisting of three questions: valid password, elevator problem and number of islands. Several days after I finished the challenge, I got rejected. I think they give everyone the assessments and only starts to review the candidates' resumes after they submitted the assessments.

Interview Questions

• Valid password, elevator problem and number of islands.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Trading in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through school. I received online link and took a basic mathmatics, finding patterns test. Then, they sent me a link to codility test, which is consisted of three problems for 2 hours. The recruiters were kind. They just take resumes, and send you online tests and cut out applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

*applied to this company through campus career fair. got shortlisted and was given an aptitude test.
    * Aptitude test consists of logical reasoning questions
    * had a codility test after this

Interview Questions

• 1. Find the longest possible valid password in a given string
      2. Find the total number of stops an elevator takes to serve X people
      3. Find the number of unique countries in a 2D matrix   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

First, I received a logic and coding test. The logic test had some hard questions near the end, but it was doable. The coding test was pretty straightforward. Next, I had a HireVue video interview where I had to record myself answering questions about several scenarios. Afterwards, I was invited to an onsite in Chicago with 3 rounds (coding, behavioral, and algorithms).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Trading in October 2017.

Interview

apply online with their official website, then got OA one day after. I think they offer OA no matter what. All of my friends who applies this company got OA.

Interview Questions

• Just some basic algorithms, I use Python to solve all of them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application on campus. Was sent an email with a 2 and a half hour coding test on Codility. Did not finish all the questions and haven't heard back so assuming I did not make it to the next round. Questions could be solved in any language. Were difficult but reasonable.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in January 2017.

Interview

The first round was a 24 mins logical reasoning question, there were 8 sessions and each session has 4 questions with 3mins. After finished that I received the second round, which is a codility assessment test online. There are three problems.

Interview Questions

• 1. longest substring.
      2. elevator test.
      3. how many countries in a matrix   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

The interview process is extremely unprofessional and time wasting, the process combines two online assessment and a video recording assessment and you never hear back from them unless you follow up consistently after each step. I ended up getting no respond from them after the video interview and no matter how I follow up they did not respond with a single word. Considering the time I've spent on previous assessments and video recording, I think they should at least have some respect to the candidates.

Do not apply here

Interview Questions

• coding challenge + IQ test + recording video answering technical and behavior questions, none of them contains any interaction with their engineers or recruiters.   Answer Question

See What IMC Trading Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Software Developer in Chicago, IL

Pros: “Massive investment in you. They see it as both necessary and mutually beneficial to invest a great deal in helping you to improve and hone your skills. It takes a great deal of skill and...”“Massive investment in you. They see it as both necessary and mutually beneficial to invest a great deal in helping you to improve and hone your skills. It takes a great deal of skill and intellect to be a part of this team, and no one has that (at least the skills part :D) out of college. IMC recognizes that and devotes a huge amount of resources to helping you get to the point where you can contribute. This conveys a sense that they both value you and what you can do for them and makes the onboarding process fun and rewarding. In turn, these skills do not exist only within the IMC container. They are lasting skills that you are being paid and helped at every stage to learn, which is pretty incredible. Good work life balance, great culture (happy hours on fridays, massages, people hanging out together outside of the office, etc) leads to a great feeling and team atmosphere. People want to do their part for IMC because they love working here. Smart people. Like really smart. Great benefits. Quick turnaround on ideas. People respect and listen to each other and bureaucratic hurdles are kept extremely low on new ideas. If you want to do something, you are encouraged to.” – Full Review